Not pregnant

(Thinking back to the plot, where thapki found sargam near an accident and pretended to be pregnant)

Thapki was very sad, disappointed even, that Purab thought of her as a responsibility. She was not thinking straight because she felt heartbroken...but if she would just look beyond that,  she would find all her answers. She was much more than a responsibility. She had become a very close friend of his who knew him like the back of his hand and Purab had started to think of her more than a close friend perhaps. If only she had waited for him to come back.

As she walked blindly, with no direction in her mind, she thought back to all the good things and smiled a genuine smile. All of a sudden she heard two people shouting for her and then she was thrown forward by someone and landed on top of them. When she opened her eyes, she found Purab looking angry, hurt and most importantly concerned. He made her stand up and Sargam was right beside him. Thapki could only look on, confused with the turn of events.

"Dehan kahan hai tumhara? Dekh kr nahi chal sktee. Abhi kuch ho jata toh!!"

Purab almost shouted on her.

"Bhabhi, AP thek ho? Abhi ap ka accident ho jata. AP thek hona bhabhi...?"
Sargam's concern brought her out of her thoughts.

" Tum dono yahan kaise...main toh..."

"Mai toh kia? han? kaise soch lia tum nay k tum mujhe aise chor kr ja sktee ho? Chalo. Abhi ghar chalo. Hamaree baat poori nahi hui thee. Chalo thapki."

"Han bhabhi ...chalo ghar chalo. aur bhai, meri bhabhi ko kuch ni kahna..." Sargam rebuked her brother as she saw her  lost state.

Then they took her home.

(to be continued...)