Chapter Two - The tranquil ocean

"Goodnight, Lady L/n," the woman said, bowing their head. "Please notify me if there's anything you need during the night."

"Thank you," you said, secretly playing with the fabric on your nightgown in your fingers. Its silk fabric smoothly moved under your fingertips and you found that most satisfying. "I shall head to bed now, then. Goodnight."

The woman nodded, before bowing and making her way of the room. You recall her being there to raise you as far as your memory reached. She first took care of your brothers, then it came to taking care of you. She proved herself to be loyal to your family and there was nothing your father could have possibly wanted.

As you heard the door finally click, you let out a sigh. Your shoulders loosened, and you could finally stop straightening your back. From the moment Ayato joined your visit at the Kamisato estate, you felt like you needed to always be on your guard. As sad as it was, the memory from years ago still was close to making you cringe out of embarrassment. But you were stronger than that now. "I can't wait to see everyone's faces once they see how much I've progressed."

And that's why you began taking your garments off your body. It felt bad after Mari, because that was your personal maid's name, was helping you properly put it on every night, even though you assured her some parts of it were necessary. But it was always about your father's orders. You were not even trusted to get dressed.

As the material hit the floor, your skin was left reflecting in the light. What was uncovered was the muscle traces on your stomach and arms. It was an old decision. You realized you need to do something about it eventually. Especially after the first night you thought of it. Some years ago, you have noticed a plank on your floor that seemed uneven to the other ones next to it. You couldn't remember what exactly gave you the idea to try to pry it off in the middle of the night, but it definitely created another path to the decisions in your life. And you weren't going to waste that.

You picked up your gown and with the help of some pillows, an outline of a body was noticeable under the covers and the hem of your night garments was sticking out on "accident". It has been working for years. Once it looked like someone was sleeping under the covers, you proceeded to the uneven plank on your floor.

Kneeling in front of it and stopping your breath, you attempted to pry it off with your fingers. With a cost of some blood some time ago, you got rid of all that was still keeping it in place and now it was relatively easy to take it out. As you felt the rugged wood push into your fingertips, you were trying to be as quick as possible. And soon enough, there was a hole in the floor uncovering all of your secrets.

A light novel.

Bandages.

Black pants.

A tight shirt, 

and most importantly, two swords.

You picked up the bandages first and wrapped them around your chest. It was always the most time-consuming part, but it did wonders. You didn't have any proper clothes for fighting like Ayaka. The best you could ever get was this questionable, yet comfortable enough outfit sold by some desperate merchant in Inazuma city. His face, when someone with a reputation as yours went to buy his goods, was something you will never forget. But you will always be thankful to him for selling it to you discretely enough.

Once your chest was covered, you put on the black clothes. They were a bit too big on you, but it was helping to mask your silhouette. And most importantly, it was very light.

And as for last, you grabbed the two sheets for your swords. They were made right for your brother once he first started learning to use a sword. In your clan, the men were always using the art of dual swords in battle and you wanted to follow that tradition. So when the time allowed and your brother decided to abandon them, you decided to borrow them three years ago. Their disappearance was only noted by some of the staff you heard talking in the hall, yet nothing more came out of it.