Wo Barish wali Raat ke baadh

This takes place after the baarish wali raat in the drama.

Asfandyar Ali Khan was having a normal day. His hospital was filled with the chatter of patients, he had a file of untouched cases to analyze, and yet he leaned back on his office chair drowning in his own thoughts. The events from last night still replayed in his head, his memories were a picture-perfect movie, and Zubia Khalil was the main element of the movie. His eyes pressed shut and his forehead pressed against his hands.

'Kabhi Kabhi dil chata rasta khatam na ho.'  The words had just escaped his mouth last night.

Kal raat ke baad Dr. Zubia achey khassi takghi hoghi, lekin perbhei aj duty pe time se agi ha, aur poori duty karey hai. Wa bhai wa, commendable Ms. Zubia Khalil.  

As if he wasn't gravitated towards her enough, his thoughts were just the cherry ontop. His legs worked faster than his mind, and he went to look for her.

Abhi to break pe hai, toh shayd abhi break room me bathvey hoighi

A half smile crosses his face when he sees Zubia, but it soon fades when he sees her company. Across Dr. Zubia, was Dr. Ehsan and young doctor, and he clearly was doing his best to charm her.

"Dr. Zubia ma apsey kafi impress ho," Dr. Ehsay says, with obvious smirk planted across his face. "Itney competent, pyarey, zahein doctor," he continues.

 Zubia shifts uncomfortably in her seat, "Bas Jo Allah ko raazi ha," she stands up. "Mujhay lagta hai ke mujhay..." janna chaya hai. But she is cut off by Asfandyar abrupt entrance. Dr Ehsan's smirk fades in a manner of seconds, and Zubia stands still with the palm of her hands pressed on the table, Changez Khan was standing behind her. His presence was commanding, she could feel that he was standing behind her, and his voice confirmed it.

"Dr Ehsan, maney aap se subah lab reports Bed # C paitent ke mangey thay, or abhi dophar ke 2 baj gay hai. Lab reports apsey file nahi hoi, leiken lunch ke liya ap ki pass hadd se zada waqat hai," Asfandyer tone was cold, menacing. 

He points to the grand clock on the center of the wall, "Aynda aap us clock ka sahara laylijiya. Mujhay wo lab report abhi aur isey waqt chaya ha. Itney sust or kahil workers is hospital ko koy zurrorat nahi ha," he says.

"Jee Sir, sorry," Dr Ehsan stammers, and he gets up rushing out of his chair.

"Dr Zubiya," Asfandyar says, his tone comes out harsh, still angry, (jealous even). She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes before turning to face him. He pauses, his face softens for a mila-second when her eyes meet his, but the frown returns.

"Lagta ha ke ek achi performance ke badd, apney socha ke apko ab kaam karna he nahi parigha," Asfandyar scolds.

 She looks confused, she didn't stop working, she just took a 10 minute break. "Nahi sir.." she attempts to respond but is cut off again.

"Yad rakhein Dr. Zubiya ek surgey se career nahi banthi, ek surgery ke badd aam tor par surgeons apney hatth bandh kar nahi bathjatayha," he continues, his brows furrowing. 

"Mera asa koy irada nahi ha, apko ko ghalat lagra hai Sir. Meh.." she is cut off again by Dr. Asfandyar. 

"Apko patha hai, aap jasey doctors ka masla kya hai. Aap se bas battay karalo, kaam aur mehnat ke waqat sab bagh jatay hai." His hand lands on the table beside her with a light thud." Please ja kar apney rounds karein, kafey saray paitents ha jinko ek doctor ke zurroath hai. Agar apsey yeh sab nahi hota to mujhay inform kardein, ma termination letter de kar apko is sub se azaad kardongha"

Termination letter, yallah is Hitler ko kya hogya hai. Allah mujhay bacha lay. "Nahi Sir, Ma karlonghi, or karsakti ho," her voice soft. 

Asfandyar just turns his back on Zubia to leave. Zubiya presses her hand against her forehead, ek dam se kasey badal gaya hai. Lagta hai wo kal raat ke khushi, nermi kal raat ke liya he thi. She heads to the opposite end of the hospital to do her rounds.

Asfandyar's hand's clench into fists, as he rushes back into his office. His hand slams the desk, sending the files flying onto the floor. Papers scattered, he lets out a frustrated groan. It felt like a thousand splinters were poking at his mind, everytime he pictured Zubia smiling with that doh taghagy doctor. All of his distress, was channeled into anger. He presses his eyes shut, taking a deep breath, Usko boljow, wo kisey aur ke saath khush ha.

Even simply thinking of Zubia happy in another man's company left a bitter taste in his mouth. His eyes clenched together harder, praying that the darkness would disturb his mind, deflect his thoughts. He knew he had feelings for her, unmistakable feelings,  but he could never vocalize them, never get attached to someone again not after Faryal, not after Daniyal bhai. Ma ab kisey apnay ko nahi kosaktha. Meh yeh hargaz bardasht nahi karsakta ke ma kisey  kay kareeb ho, aur qismat usey mujhsey cheen lay.

His head shoots up alert, as he hears a knock on the door, "Sir" Zubia's melody like voice fills the quiet room. Ye kya howa hai, she thinks taking note of the papers scattered on the floor. Asfandayar looked genuinely upset, arched back, hands perched on the table. Allah khair Ye teekh to hai na , a pang of worry enters her heart. He turns around in a flash at the sound of her voice. Even when she wanted to avoid him, stay away, she couldn't help it, she cared about him. But it broke her heart to know he probably despised her. Yeh tumse nafrat karta hai, tum iskay kabil nahi ho, she thinks to herself.