Zubiya ko apna lo Asfi

"Sir" Zubia's melody like voice fills the quiet room. He turns around in a flash at the sound of her voice.

"Je Ms. Khalil," he responds with a gruff voice. She hands him a file, "Yeh wo report hai, jo apney subah Dr. Ehsan se mangahtha."

A instant look of disapproval crosses his face,"Likein ye toh meney UNSEY  manghata. Apko kisney ye authority dhe, ke aap ye kaam karein?. Hmm?" 

Zubia's face drops, she was just trying to help.  Samajtha kya ha apney apko har baat be danta rahta hai, mijaal hai jo kabhi kisey kaam pe appreciate kiya ho  she thinks herself.  

Her tone comes out harsh, loud, no longer being able to conceal her anger, or hold back at his endless taunts . "MA KHALEY UNKI MADATH KAREY THE, ek dhost ke madat karein thi!...",  

"Aap Jasakthi ha," he says cutting her off, in his usual low serious voice. She had expected Asfandyar's anger to surge, for him to yell at her for yelling at him. She doesn't move for reasons beyond her comprehension and  simply stands there.

Asfandyar raises his head to see her still standing trying  to read him with her beautiful doe eyes, He shoulders stiffen, and he raises his voice channeling his anger "Apney suna nahi? AAP JAHSAKTI HA!" She flinches as he yells, his voice unlike hers booms through the room, and she quickly leaves. His voice still ringing in her ears as she walks out , not knowing hearing her so actively defend Dr. Ehsan broke him. A day or two passes, each desperately avoid the other.

Zubiya is walking along a park trail with Gaiti, listen to her discuss Saim's antics, but she was so caught up in thinking of something else, or rather someone else, she couldn't quite focus.. All of a sudden her phone rings, she picks it up  answering "Kya!", "Aap teekh to hai na", "Ma bas abhi arey ho." She can feel her heart sink, her hands were getting cold, tears welling up in her eyes. "Gaiti Khala ammi ke tabiyath bohot gharab hai, mujhay kisey tarah Peshawar janna hai."

"Zubia, darling calm down," Gaiti assures her. "Ma abhi Mama ko phone karti hoon. Mere jaan pareshan maat ho." After a while, Zubia sees Uncle's car pull up. Lubna aunty comes out of the passenger seat, consoling Zubia, leading her to the car. She greets Uncle Usman, and he begins to drive. As she reaches her Khala's house she rushes in to greet her, making sure she's all right.

A while passes everyone is chatting, happy when all of a sudden Khala ammi starts to go pale, her breathing was getting jagged. "Khala ammi," Zubia exclaims immediately standing up to support her back. Zubia felt frozen, she didn't know how to respond, years of studying all down the drain. Ya Allah Khala ko bacha ley, mere khala ko bachalay. Lubna notices this, "Tehro ma Asfi ko bolaty ho." 

"Hello Asfi beta tum jaldi se aajo. Zubia ke khala ke tabiyat bohot gharab hai." Asfandyar responds with "Mama ma abhi ek bohot important meeting me ho. America se kuch important clients aya ve hai. Ma ek ghantay tak askathaho likein usey pehle nahi, tab tak Zubiya se kahi unko stable rakhay. Merey usey baat karay." Lubna hands her the phone.

"Hello" he says. She stays silent, hearing him trying to maintain a professional, harsh tone even now forces her to burst into tears. Asfandyar's heart sinks hearing these weeps, every sob was like a dagger to his heart, his cold demeanor crumbles . "Zubiya tum rohriho," he inquires in a soft caring voice. "Asfandyar aap please jaldi see ajay. Mere khala ke bohot tabbiyat kharab ha," she cries through sobs. "Mujhay kuch be nahi.." He cuts her off, "Acha tum fikar maat karon ma abhi ara ho." 

In about 5 minute she hears a knock on the door, Asfandyar walks in rushing to her khala's side. Zubiya who was sitting next to her stands up to make room for him. "Aslamualikum," he says taking out his stetescope. "Walikum Salam beta," she responds heavily. "Ye apne apney kya halath banayve," he continues to try to distract her as he gets an idea of her condition. "Dr. Zubiya, merey bag me kuch tablets pari vi ha, blue rang ki. Wo ladein" She nods getting up, and bring her a glass as well. In about 10 minutes khala ammi is stable, she takes a deep breath, "Shukriya beta, Allah tumhe salamat rakhay," she puts her hand on Asfandyar's head. Asfandyar smiles in response, standing up so Zubiya can sit next to her khala.