adventure

(become my follower to help me. thanks.)

“Hmm?”

The man looks up to reveal a thin face. The man had black hair parted in the middle that reached his shoulders. His glasses were thick and frameless, giving his narrow eyes an even sharper look.

" it is me." kaspian said slightly surprised.

The clerk next to us bows deeply to the man before explaining. “Class A adventurer Jasmine Flamesworth has requested that this, er… gentleman take the graduation exam.”

"you are the note!" kaspian yells as he gets up.

" this." Arthur says, annoyed that more of his secrets have been revealed.

“Oh! Miss Flamesworth. How are you? I met your father not long ago…” the slender man gets up from his desk, walking towards us.

I turn to look at Jasmine as she gives a short, silent bow. I raise an eyebrow when I notice her fists are clenched at the mention of her father.

Jasmine (from the theater) also clenches her fists at the mention of her father.

“Cough… anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you! My name is Kaspian Bladeheart and I am responsible for this branch. You must be friends with Ms. Flamesworth. Is there a name by which I can address you?” he casts his studious gaze at the masked figure who had a small reptilian kitten on his head.

"Kyu!" Sylvie answers for me. I made Sylvie assume her original form during my time as an adventurer, so her horns protruded more and her red tips were visible.

“Please call me Note.” that was the identity I would use from now on. I got the idea by looking at my mask. The blue band that passed through the slit of my left eye reminded me of a single half note.

Kaspian is surprised to notice Sylvie, but other than that, he doesn't care about the little beast in my head. Seeing the mana beasts doesn't seem to surprise him because of his type of work. "Excellent! Well... sir Note, we will proceed with Ms. Flamesworth here as your sponsor. Do you know how this is going to work?”

Shaking my head, I let him explain. “A B-class adventurer or higher has the power to sponsor a new adventurer for an exam. Depending on your performance, this exam will give you the opportunity to be classified in a suitable class. The classification exam will only consist of a practical part. Now, judging by your weapons, I can assume you are a fighter or augmenter, right?” he looks puzzled at the black staff strapped to my waist below my short sword.

"Yes."

"why do you have a bat?" throw mica asks there Arthur.

"It's not a staff, it's a sword. It's a very good one to tell you the truth." Arthur replied despondently. he's already accepted this whole business thinking he has a bat.

"OK! There would normally be a quick application along with an inspection of your mana core before the exam, but since Ms. Flamesworth here sponsoring you, I'll just pass it on. Mary, take these two to the exam room.” he leads us to another door.

“Y-yes! Please Mr. Note, Miss. Flamesworth, this way.”

I look at Jasmine through my mask as we walk down a long hallway. Is that why she wanted to be the one to follow me? What was the Flamesworth house?

I squint as they try to adjust to the changing brightness of the dark passageway. We were inside a coliseum covered with dirt floors and well lit. The seats were just exaggerated stairs that were almost empty except for about 10 people sitting in random places. On the stage, at the bottom, there were two augmenters fighting.