so... this is love?

Conan is lying down on his bed still awake. He keeps staring at the ceiling because there's nothing left to do, his mind's somewhere else. He closed his eyes but failed to sleep, he's not having insomnia or any sleep disorder; he's just in love.

'Damn it!' He told himself as he flushed.

He suddenly get up and sit down on the bed.

'Why?' He sighed.

He cover his face with his hands, the image of the woman that occupying his mind pops out instantly.

'Why for all people I've met... why it has to be her?' He removed his hands that covering his face and take a glance at the mirror in front of him.

'Haibara...'

Flashback
February 14
Valentine's Day...

It's a beautiful afternoon at the Teitan High School and the class ended earlier than usual because they're celebrating hearts day... every teenage boys are receiving gifts and chocolates from the girls whom liked them and it seems that everybody's having a good time except for the four eyes kid who's silently reading a mystery book in the library.

Edogawa Conan isn't a fan of Valentines Day. It's been 11 years now since he's living as Conan. Ran got tired waiting for Him and that's totally understandable, making her wait without assurance that he'll be back was extremely tiring. she broke up with him and things ended as it should, anyway she's already happily engaged to Doctor Araide and they're expecting their first child. Conan painfully accepted his fate.

Living as Conan was kinda different from being Shinichi, ofcourse when he was living as Shinichi he was well known, he loves spotlight and solving cases, he's not just a highschool Detective but also a chick magnet, every girls in his school are sending bunch of letters and gifts for him. Everyone was so crazy for him. Now that he's Conan Edogawa, everything changed. He still do love solving cases but instead out shining everyone he helps the officers and investigators and gives hint for them to solve it. He learns not to be arrogant and not making hasty decisions anymore.

"Why are you reading a book instead going outside? Somebody's might get kill and that's your cue to be the modern Sherlock again..." the familiar voice is coming from Haibara Ai, the woman whom he shared the same fate.

Conan slightly smile as he closed the book and face her.

"It's been 11 years and yet you still think I'm a death magnet huh?"

"Nothing's gonna change my mind." She smirked.

Ai moves the chair and sits on it, she's facing across him.

"Did you just come here to annoy me?" Conan asks.

"Maybe... Who knows?" Ai chuckles.

"I see." Conan grab the book and continue reading.

Ai keeps staring at him. He's too focus reading and didn't noticed what's happening to his surroundings. There's a silent moment between them but Ai started to break it.

"Here..." Ai softly said.

Conan set aside his book and looks at her, she's reaching a box of chocolates to him. He just stare for a while and Ai noticed it.