Scene VII

Corpse hadn't seen Sykkuno since that kiss. Now Corpse thinks that maybe fighting with Sykkuno forever would've been better than kissing him once and never seeing him again. He tried to shake those thoughts away as he looked at himself in the mirror, wearing formal clothes. Poki entered the room, "Corpse? Are you okay?" Poki asked quietly.

"I'm fine." He lied. "Is Rae ready yet?" Poki faltered but nodded. "Good, the sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can go."

Right now, he's here, in the throne room, at the altar. Waiting. Corpse feels nothing, but smiles as he sees Rae revealed in a white dress, a thin veil covering her face as she approaches the altar slowly as wedding bells ring. Lily plays the piano and Rae walks the red carpet clutching her father's arm tightly in front of dukes, counts, royals. She reaches the stairs and her dad holds her hand and kisses it softly before giving it to Corpse, who takes it without a word and smiles at her sadly.

Rae smiles back a hollow smile, meaningless just like his.

The priest makes his way to the altar and clears his throat. "Do you Prince Corpse of Mahel take Princess Rachel of Snowdonia to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"I, " Corpse hesitates, looking at Rae intently, her eyes widen, and her father clears his throat, sounding confused, "I," His mind was blank, all he could think of was Sykkuno and the kiss they shared. "I do-"

"Wait!" Someone from the crowd shouts. Whispers echo in the room. Corpse whips his head around at the sound, anxiety crawling up his throat and settling for his gut. Corpse could recognize that voice anywhere. "Corpse!" Corpse's eyes water as he gazes at Sykkuno. "Corpse, I'm sorry! I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for that fight, I'm sorry for pushing you away and I'm sorry for not showing up after that night!" A tear rolls down Corpse's cheek. "All I want you to know," He says breathlessly, "is that I love you!" The room breaks into gasps.

And then all very suddenly Corpse hears shouting, unfamiliar and far away, and just as the shouting disappears a loud bang sounds and the ground shakes, and the air erupts into screams. Corpse couldn't process any of it. He hears the rhythmic clacks of the guards' shoes as they march. And then, Corpse understands, he looks for Toast, Toast looks at him and solemnly nods, and Corpse panics. "Guards! Cover the castle, don't let anyone in or out!" Toast commands.

"We're under attack," Rae whispers. It wasn't a question but Corpse nodded anyway.

"Seal the gates of the throne room!" The king orders, followed by soundless commands or orders. The priest had disappeared and the rest of the royals were in a frenzy running around like madmen.

Corpse ran, he ran, headed straight for Sykkuno. He couldn't think, and he couldn't hear or feel anything, it felt as if he was floating. Sykkuno ran too, he ran to Corpse, both of them getting closer and closer to each other. The gap disappeared and Sykkuno crashed his lips onto Corpse's. Corpse could only feel Sykkuno, only hear Sykkuno, only see Sykkuno. He wanted to stay with him, and him only. Only him to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish. Forever.

The necklaces had never glowed brighter before.

Corpse breaks the kiss, "You came."

"Of course I did, I love you."

I love you. Corpse closed his eyes, he wanted to hear that on repeat for the rest of his life.

He loved him. Sykkuno loved him .