Scene VIII

The rest of the trip is spent in silence. they fly for a long time, a long, long time, high above in the air. Corpse squints downwards and sees trails of rivers cascading down the northern mountains and into the land of Mahel. One of the rivers is passing by the Waywood Village which was set on fire, Corpse felt a pang in his chest at the horrible sight. If Rae or Sykkuno saw it, they didn't mention it.

Corpse falls asleep leaning his head down on Sykkuno's shoulder. Soon enough Rae falls asleep on Corpse's back too, they both sleep a dreamless sleep, which was worth it for escaping the harsh reality of the world if it wasn't for the sore backs they'd received later for sleeping in an awkward position.

The silence of the trip had been broken by Rae, "I'm hungry." They hadn't even opened dinner for the guests at the marriage, and now that Corpse thought about it, he felt hungry too.

"There's packed fruits in the blue sack behind you, and water in the various cups beside you." Sykkuno informs her. They quench their thirst with the water and Corpse eats some grapes. He reaches for another cup of water and hands it to Sykkuno. "I doubt you drank water since we left." He says

Sykkuno looks down at the water before taking it and downing it in one go, giving the cup back. "Thanks," Sykkuno says with a smile thrown over his shoulder, which Corpse doesn't hesitate to kiss.

"Oh my god, you guys are already in the public display of affection phase, I'm actually gagging right now." Rae teases.

Corpse laughs and so does Sykkuno which takes their mind off the war for a moment, it's pleasant.

Another couple of hours are spent in silence before Rae breaks it one more.

"We're here," Rae breathes out, gesturing to the land beneath them. Just as warm Mahel is, Snowdonia is cold. The land is breathtakingly beautiful, there are impossibly high, vast mountains and steep hills, with their tops ice-capped and white. Cities and villages are formed between rich-green valleys and rivers flow between them, making the land lush and fertile. There was one specific valley, which was surrounded by mountains from all sides, that had an impressive castle placed right in the middle with population and settlement circling around it. "That's our castle." Rae says.

Sykkuno steers the dragon right towards it, landing it in the courtyard right in front of the castle. Guards suddenly surround them, aiming their weapons at them. Rae quickly unmounts Bimbus and gestures to the guards. "It's alright! It's me! Princess Rachel!" The guards lower their weapons slowly before one of them shouts, "It's her!"

"Who's her?" A booming voice calls. Suddenly all the soldiers make way for, supposedly, their general, who walked towards Rae.

"General Langevin! Thank god we found you!"

"Princess Rachel, surprising to see you here." General Langevin says.

"I know, it's all because of the attack on Mahel," Rae explains.

"Let's talk inside, Rae, it's cold out here, and you aren't wearing the proper clothes for this weather," General says, eyeing her ripped and rumpled wedding dress.

"Yes, yes you're right."

"And those two?" Langevine nods at Corpse and Sykkuno.

"Oh, they're with me. Emma, this is Prince Corpse of Mahel and this is Sykkuno, he's the one who saved us from the attack." Rae introduces. "Guys, this is Emma Langevine, she is one of the most respected generals in our kingdom and she gave me self-defense training." She explains.

"Okay enough formalities," Emma says in her bold voice. "You," She points at a random soldier. "Show them to their rooms, Rae you're with me, you need to explain everything to me, okay?" Her voice softens, and Rae nods as the random soldier comes up and escorts them to their rooms. The castle is extremely different from the one in Mahel. The one in Mahel had been one of warm and earthy colors, like walking into a tree castle. This one was of cool bluish tones, everything about it was like...ice.

Sykkuno had luckily been given a room right next to Corpse's. Corpse enters his room and takes in the beautiful white bed with teal bed sheets and a blue canopy. There's a vanity and a full-length mirror right beside it, and a bookshelf on the opposite side of the room. There are neatly folded clothes placed on the bed, and Corpse sighs at the sight of fresh fabric. He quickly changed into the clothes which contained a plain white shirt with loose trousers. He looks himself over in the mirror and reaches for the hairbrush, but he is interrupted when a knock sounds at the door. "Corpse, it's me." Sykkuno's voice says.

Corpse smiles, "Enter." He says.

Looks like Sykkuno has also changed, wearing a mint green shirt and white loose trousers identical to Corpse's. Sykkuno comes in and shuts the door behind him.

"I don't want to think right now." He whispers. They stand in silence before Corpse approaches him and slides his hand beneath his jaw. Sykkuno's breath hitches and Corpse brings his face forward, kissing him passionately. Sykkuno melts under his touch and Corpse slides his other hand around his waist, effectively trapping Sykkuno between the door and his body. Sykkuno swipes Corpse's bottom lip and Corpse gives in, exploring the depths of Sykkuno's mouth.

Sykkuno breaks the kiss and Corpse moves on to kiss Sykkuno's jaw, making Sykkuno release a shaky breath. Corpse moves down his neck and to his collarbone while Sykkuno's hands bury themselves in Corpse's hair. Corpse trails his kisses back up Sykkuno's jaw and kisses the corner of his mouth. Sykkuno captures his lips in a chaste and slow kiss.

They pull away and Corpse presses their foreheads together and closes his eyes. A sound of a harsh shut of a door from outside the hallways echoes and Sykkuno flinches. Corpse wraps his arms around him and whispers in his hair, "It's okay Sykkuno, we're safe now."

Their necklaces shine brighter than ever.

Word Count: 999 (no actual way wtf , that's so perfect for the last chapter)

The story has finished. Hope ya'll enjoyed it.