Chapter 1: Rose

Rose thought about her conversation with Brendan. Why does everyone think a healer can't recruit warriors? I'll just transform the inside of my ears so I can hear better. Then I can ask to go to the bathroom when they get attacked. She looked at the clock, oh band is going to be over soon. The teacher let them pack up. Autopilot mode on!

She dodged the flute players and jumped over an empty tuba case. ROse hummed Battle Cry. Her mind drifted for a minute. Carter rammed into Logan and pushed her out if the way. "What the fuck!", Logan yelled. Carter is fast. Logan is strong. Together, they would be invincible. ROSE got to the locker and forced her saxophone in.

"I have no homework at all, and there are just ELA's. I could leave my stuff and go to the camp. Or I can bring them with me", she whispered to herself. Logan bumprd into her, and the confusion rushed away. "Sorry", he said. Rose rushed past him. The time is comming. I can feel it. Too bad we might nit be able to save them.

She ran as fast as she could, barely even realizing that her two friends were right behind her. "Rose, wait up. We need to talk", Logan said. Carter pulled on her hair,"ROSE, ARE YOU THERE?"

"Huh?"

"Meet us at the stop sign by the mall 2:40. Don't be late!"

"Why?! I have things to do."

"Like what homwork. See you."

"Okay, I'll be there", Rose said. Carter and Logan walked to their locker as Lilly went up the stairs.

******* NEXT DAY *******

"I'll be outside", she said. I hope they're okay. She ran to her usual waitng spot, old memories flashed through her head. Becoming a healer's apprentice,  Brendan being promoted, and the last war. She shuddered with the bittersweet victories they've been having lately. She thought about how she would have to save them.

Logan and Carter came out. They were talking to each other. "You know where Brendan is?", Logan asked.

"No, I've been waiting here since the doors opened. He hasn't come out at all", she replied.

"Oh. You want to help us look for him?", Carter looked disappointed. Was it a good idea to show that memory to him?

"Okay", she said. Logan took the lead. I hope he didn't go to the camp. Rose and Carter took places behind him