My Favourite Knight

in which mondstadt's favourite knight attracts the attention of the local librarian.

Lisa x male reader

——
everyone that lived in mondstadt knew you. you had a reputation as 'the most mysterious yet most attractive knight'
you weren't too fond of speaking to people unless it involved work or your personal interests. for some reason, this made the entire nation obsessed with you.
you usually spent your free time in the library, though the librarian, lisa minci, never seemed to be around whenever you visited. you assumed it was because she had other things to do.
you didn't mind, you quite liked being alone.

however, what you didn't know was that lisa was aware of your frequent visits and would frequently pop in the library to check on you.
she didn't know why she did it, it just felt right.

knowing you went out on dangerous missions and would sometimes be gone for weeks at a time, miss minci felt like she had to check you were still alive and well. if she was one minute late to her routinely check up, she would be immensely disappointed with herself and promise to make her next check up earlier the next time.

if you decided to not visit the library that day, though rare, lisa would panic, assuming the worst had happened.

based off previous visits, lisa had determined that the genres you read most were romance and history. the history part didn't surprise her, but finding romance books on the table certainly left the purple librarian shocked.

jean had recently arranged a meeting with a few important members of the knights, which involved eula, amber, albedo, kaeya and you.
lisa tried to be as early as possible, only to find you standing outside the door of jeans office.

"hello, you're lisa, right ? the librarian."

oh wow. you had such a nice voice. lisa could listen to you talk all day.

"that would be me, yes ... is there-"

"yes. i have a problem with you."

.. what ?

"you're never present at the library when i visit."

".. and why would that be important ?"

"first of all, you're the librarian, you shouldn't abandon your job so easily. what could be more important than providing recommendations for people who visit your library ?"

"i'm sorry- wait, are you angry with me simply because you want recommendations ?"

you simply huffed and looked away, leaning more into the wall. lisa observed this and giggled quietly to herself.

"is that a bad thing ?"

"not at all ! you should've told me if you wanted recommendations. i have quite a few in mind. say, if you aren't busy after the meeting, we could head over to the library to look for books that interest you."

"that would be .. nice. thank you in advance."

this made lisa excited. she got to spend time with the mystery man of mondstadt ! and ... he thanked her ! not only that, but he was speaking a lot more than he usually did ..

the two of you waited for a while. when you finally realised that nobody was coming you quickly but quietly walked across the hall to the library, lisa following closely behind.

if it was anyone else, lisa would've asked which genres they preferred, but considering the fact that she quite often put the books you read back onto the shelves, she had no need to ask. she already knew.
you were also aware that lisa knew your preferred genres, as you left little notes with the books on the table, such as: