<18>

{RECOMMENDED SONG; Revelry by Kings of Leon}

Jeans POV

Nicotine filled the space in my lungs as I took the last drag of my cigarette, throwing it out of the window. Wind swallowed the inside of my car and my hair had gotten so long it was continuously stabbing me in the eyes. I was thankful for the warm weather but other than that, not much else.

The ring on my finger shone at me in the sunlight as I turned into the underground carpark being devoured by the LEDs on the roof.

The ring had gone from an object of hope to a reminder that Y/N had left almost 2 months ago.

She was only supposed to leave for a few days and come back. But much like everything else, she didn't.

Her absence hurt more than I had anticipated. Maybe it was because I didn't expect her to be gone for so long or maybe I just missed her presence.

Id spent the last month sleeping with random groupies from the car meets trying to fill the void she had left. Of course it wasn't the same. I didn't see Y/N like that... but I wished it was her anyway.

After finding out she was Ashers little sister, it felt weird to call her 'love'. It felt disrespectful. But I wanted to so bad. I didn't realise how much I wanted her until she left.

Her smile, her nervous scratching. Her intelligence and her ability to bring everyone back together. I didn't need these qualities in a woman, they were just a bonus. What I needed was someone who wouldn't leave when things got hard - When I lost my temper or pushed them away.

I had found what I needed in her. Until 2 months ago.

She didn't reply to anybody's texts or calls. She went full Awol.

NOBODYS POV:

Jean parked up and stepped out, trudging over to the kitchen first, pulling out a beer and popping the cap.

"This is becoming too much of a routine for you." Mikasa spoke from his right.

Jean scoffed, throwing the cap in the bin and walking past her out into the warehouse.

Mikasa sighed, pivoting on her feet and following behind.

"Its 10am, Jean." She said folding her arms.

"Its a beer, Mikasa."

"You need to stop drowning your sorrows in alcohol and drugs." Eren commented as he walked past the two.

Jean stopped in his tracks and saw that everyone was looking at him with worried faces from their stations.

"What is this? An intervention?" Jean chuckled. But nobody else laughed.

Armin swept a bunch of cigarette butts into a dustpan aggressively.

"You're a mess, Jean. In all honesty this might as well be an intervention." He replied.

Jean frowned slightly before walking back to his station where Annies car was in a hoist.

"I don't need an intervention. You all need to chill." He murmured, pulling out a drawer of tools.

Annie had joined the nest after meeting with Erwin. The team was cold towards her, but tolerated her nonetheless. She was Armins partner now and a team member at that. Leaving Zeke's group was too dangerous for Annie and caused quite the stir on their end. Annie played the role of a mole, acting as a double sided agent.

Things did not go so swimmingly for Erwins team either. Tensions between the two gangs were rising exponentially, especially after Annie made an attempt at leaving. They had her under their radar. The team was slowly losing their bond as Y/N left and Annie joined.