3. Petty Little Lies [adrienette]

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ don't forget to vote! ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
____________________________

I made sure to use Cristina's (Marinette's voice
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ actress) cover, so I recommend ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
playing this!
____________________________

Lila Rossi. Everything was always about her. Nobody doubted the brunette for a second, and it pissed Marinette off more than anything. The only other people that saw through her lies was Adrien and Chloé, and she didn't even like Chloé. No matter how many times Marinette tried to prove that liar's deceptions, nobody ever believed her. It was ridiculous! They couldn't believe their friend they'd known for years from being in the same class, but they could believe some random chick that suddenly showed up from Italy? Marinette thought it was complete bullshit.

Marinette walked into the classroom and saw everyone huddled around Lila's desk. 'Oh no,' she thought to herself, desperately trying to figure out the reason that they were all staring at her.

"Marinette... care to explain this?" Alya crossed her arms. Really? Alya? She was meant to be her best friend! She simply couldn't believe that her friend had taken Lila's side.

"What now?" Marinette rolled her eyes, walking up the steps to see what all the commotion was about. When she got to the top row, she saw scribbles and assortments of trash like chewed gum and crumpled up paper. When she looked closer, the scribbles were actually insults and threats.

"I know you don't like Lila, but this is really low," Alya huffed, and Marinette scoffed. She looked closer at the desk and pointed her finger.

"Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to sign it?" she grumbled, raising an eyebrow. The group looked down at the desk, seeing Marinette's name sprawled across the bottom.

"Well then who else could've done it?" Alix asked, looking at the others with confusion.

"Oh boy, I don't know, maybe Lila? You know, the girl that told me she'd make my life a living hell and that I'd have no friends left over? Oh yeah— I forgot, you guys didn't believe me on that either," she accidentally raised her voice a little near the end. She turned on her heel and marched towards the door, preparing to go pull herself together in the bathroom. She was about to step out the door, when it opened and she was stopped face first by someone walking in. She looked up, catching Adrien's gaze.

He noticed that her eyes were glossy, tears were sure to come soon. He looked up to where everyone was gathered, then back down to Marinette.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly. She shook her head and walked out the door, knowing if she spoke the tears would come running down. He wanted to follow her, but it really seemed like she wanted to be alone. But what if she got akumatized? No, Marinette was a strong girl. She's never gotten akumatized before, she knows how to get her feelings under control. He walked up to the cluster of students, seeing what was going on. When he saw the writing and mess on the table, he looked up at them with furrowed brows. "Really? You actually thought Marinette would do this? One, this isn't her handwriting, and two, she's not stupid enough to sign her name at the bottom," he pursed his lips, his hand grasping onto his satchel's strap. The group stared at him before exchanging glances with one another.

"Well no one else here did it," Kim shrugged.

"Plus, none of us have it out for Lila," Juleka added with a mumble, Adrien barely hearing her.