Night of a Nightmare

“This happened before didn’t it?” I asked myself.  “I’m pretty sure it did.  I wasn’t able to get in at first.  I wish I could remember what I did in order for me to get in.”

I calmly stepped away from the mirror and patiently tried to remember what exactly I did.  I know the first time I tried going in I mimicked what sis did and stretched my arm out towards the mirror.  I already tried that and apparently that didn’t work.  Ugh!  I took a deep breath and I tried going through.  I also remember that not working when I tried.  Dang it why can’t I remember?  I stood in front of the mirror flustered.

I hit my head off the wall hoping that would help jog my memory.  Sadly, all I ended up with was a headache.  I took a deep breath.  There was obviously something I did to get through.  I tried to remember once more.  I remember sissy going through the door leaving me behind.  I tried to go through the door the same way she did, but failed.  I sat next to the mirror because I felt lonely and I really wanted my sister to come back.  That and I had hoped reality would come back.

Perhaps the mirror only lets certain people in.  Or someone has to be feeling a certain feeling to get in.  I leaned on the mirror.  I wonder how the man is doing.  Now that I think about it I feel bad for calling him “The man.”  I should probably ask him his name when I get back.  That is if I can get back.  I let my mind wonder and it always led back to the same thing, the man. 

I closed my eyes and tried to mimic the feeling I felt when I was able to go through the mirror.  I waited, and waited until finally I felt my body fall backwards.  I hit my head off a tree root which hurt like hell.  I opened my eyes and saw the tree branches shake from all the animals swinging from them.

I slowly got up; trying to make sure I didn’t cause myself any brain damage.  I stood up straight but still felt a little dizzy.  I started following the path I took to get to my house.  The green gooey stuff that followed the path glowed.  I still refused to get any close to it.  I was stupid enough to hit my head on a tree root, but unfortunately not stupid enough to touch an unfamiliar substance.

By the time I got to my house I noticed the sun was starting to set.  Only what seemed a few more inches and the sun would hide itself behind the horizon.  I quickly entered my house.  I remembered the man telling me to get back before night fall.

Finally, I was in the comfort of my home.  I ran upstairs, threw the bags on my bed, and finally threw myself onto my bed.  I stretched my limbs out and started cuddling with the blankets. 

“This is so comfy!” I yelled.  “I never want to leave this bed.”

I quickly got up when I realized the whole house was left to the man.  I rushed down the stairs to find where everyone was hiding.  They weren’t on the first floor of the house, which could only mean they were in their rooms.  I took a trip down to the apartment rooms.  I knocked on every door there was.  Luckily I got an answer from each room which meant the guests were fine.

“If the guests are here, then where is the man?” I thought aloud.

I checked the basement.  It was pitch black which scared me a little.  I tried to feel around with my hands to see if I could find a flashlight or just any kind of light source.  I made it to a corner of the room.  I still couldn’t find a flashlight or a light switch.  I noticed a glowing light coming from one of the corners of the room.  I quickly turned to its direction and noticed it was the same green gooey stuff that was outside.

“Does this mean the house has some of this liquid?” I wondered.

 Perhaps it was, but I still don’t want to touch it.  I continued my search for the man upstairs on the first floor.  When I arrived in the kitchen I noticed the sun had disappeared.  A sheet of darkness shrouded the sky.  The surrounding forest was just barely visible.  Silence grew and conquered the night.