Chapter 5

I sat on my couch trying to compile what little notes I had from the voice memos I had taken the past couple of days. There wasn't much to write about him.

I started by writing what I knew.

Harry was a very personal person with huge walls up. Anytime someone came close to trying to find answers, he would be on the offense. I think that's why he is always an asshole—it kept people from trying to get to know him.

He would do whatever he wanted to, despite the consequences. He was a hedonist to his core. He exuded a persona of not caring about anything and not taking anything seriously.

And he didn't believe in love.

It was quite the combination—and it was only what I had gathered from the couple of days I spent with him. I was good at reading people, Harry was different though. As soon as I thought I had a small inkling of who he was, things would take a turn.

It would be hard to figure him out. He had been through extensive media training, teaching him how to evade questions and manipulate them into what he wanted them to be. You could ask him one thing and he would veer off topic with ease.

He was like a maze, and every time you tried to turn a corner it would shift and change paths.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, removing me from my thought. I pulled it out and looked at the notification.

Margot: Take out and a movie?

I hadn't seen Margot since I started working with Harry. I wanted to tell her all about him. I hadn't been meaning to ignore her, but the NDA's made me nervous to even say his name around her. It was hard to be around my best friend knowing I would have to keep my job a secret.

I tried to reason with myself. I needed someone to vent to and plus she was trustworthy. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to talk to her as long as I didn't give any specifics.

I quickly texted her back letting her know to come by whenever. I had missed seeing her.

There was no way I could just isolate myself from others just because of him. It wasn't fair to me. He didn't control my life.

It was around thirty minutes later when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly took my blanket off and got up from my couch to answer it.

I opened the door, seeing Margot's hands full of bags. Her long braids were adorned with beautiful charms. She was wearing a baby tee with low-rise jeans. She had dozens of rings and necklaces decorating her body.

"I hope you're in the mood for Chinese," she said with a smile on her face.

I quickly grabbed some of the bags in her hand trying to help her. There had to be at least five of them. She saw the look on my face and then went into detail about what all she brought.

"So, I brought the food of course. But I also brought some drinks, sprite for you, some popcorn for the movie, chocolate for you, sour candy for me, and some other snacks for later," she said as she went through each of the bags.

"You know me too well." I smiled looking down at everything she had brought.

"So what are you in the mood to watch? I'm thinking psychological," she asked.

I didn't really care what we watched. "Hmm. I'm fine with whatever. The remotes on the table if you wanna go ahead and pick." I motioned towards the living room.

She grabbed the remote, sitting down and flicking through movies for us to watch.

As she did so, I made sure to take everything out of their bags and line them up neatly across the bar in my kitchen. I then made sure to get silverware and plates for our food.