Chapter 5: Sunburned

Chapter 5

Vixen's Point Of View

I really did love you, but you were a chain smoker and I was just

another pack of cigarettes.

 I danced around my room to Boymeetsworld's Right Where We Belong as I cleaned the space. I've been quite busy actually and haven't been able to clean up as well as usual. Between babysitting Kate whenever Rose needed, trying to find a suitable job, and still having to figure out a major time has been getting away from me. The only time I've seen Slade was in passing, if I didn't know better I would assume he was avoiding me.

There was a rapt at my door breaking me out of my thoughts, I sat the tank top I had in my hands on my bed and went to open the door. My eyes automatically when I saw Alex standing at my door with Slade and two other guys behind me. I gave Alex a small smile and said, "What's the occasion?"

Alex laughed and shook his head, walking past me like he owned the place - his friends following behind him. I raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything on the subject. Slade didn't even acknowledge my presence which was rather annoying considering he was in my room.

"Vix, this is Owen." Alex said pointing to the guy with red hair and freckles, I gave him a small smile. "And that is Xander." He continued pointing to the boy with light brown hair and mischievous green eyes. They both gave me a smile and waved.

"Are we going to the beach or not?" Slade grumbled from where he was making himself at home on my bed. Jerk.

That being said Alex turned to me. "So Vix, care to come to the beach with us?" He asked giving me puppy dogs and after five minutes of him begging I finally agreed. They all went downstairs to wait for me as I changed into proper beach attire.

I stood in the mirror looking at my appearance. Good enough, I suppose. I was wearing a simple black bikini and I wore a pair of cut off blue jean shorts paired with a band tee over it. The tee was a Citizen one I had worn a ton and had the sleeves cut off revealing the sides of my swim suit top. I grabbed my phone, headphones, sandals, and some money.

When I left my room I found the guys sitting on my porch talking lazily amongst their selves. "Alright let's go!" Alex exclaimed happily as he lead us to a black SUV sitting in my drive-way. I found myself sitting behind the driver's side, Slade sitting behind the passenger's side, Xander in the passenger's seat, Alex driving, and Owen having the whole third row seat to himself.

We drove down the road, Alex telling Xander some story about how he found himself riding a bull through the middle of town once. Unsurprisingly it began with so I was wasted. Owen sat in the back on his phone, his fingers typing away rapidly and Slade ignoring me as he looked out the window. Internally groaning I pulled out my phone and plugged my headphones in.