Chapter 16: Rambling Bride

Chapter 16:
Vixen's Point Of View
It might take a year, it might take a day. But what's meant to be will always find its way.

Smiling at Slade I lead him into the small cafe and smiled at the host, who greeted us with a bubbly attitude. He gathered two menus in his arms and lead us to a table beside the window. I beamed as I looked around the place, it was such a beautiful and casual cafe. The air about this place was just peaceful and relaxing. Or maybe it was just Slade who made me feel relaxed and peaceful?

Our waitress greeted us and told us her name before asking for our drink orders. I ordered a lemonade and Slade ordered a coke. I internally sighed in relief when the waitress made no sigh that she recognized Slade or had previous relations with him.

When we were getting breakfast at a local diner this morning the waitress made a huge deal about how her and Slade had slept together. And how it was just the best she's ever had, and what a wild night it was. It didn't help that she even slipped him her number insinuating that they should repeat events they had together. It was disgusting, she was disgusting, and I felt disgusted.

So I left, I left Slade sitting here to be eye raped by the waitress while I went outside to get some air. I didn't even have a minute to myself when Slade had come outside showering me in apologies and kisses, I melted. There's no way I could be mad at this boy! How could I? He was just so...so...perfect.

Slade and I conversed lightly about how work had been lately. When Slade had gotten out of prison it was hard for him to find work, who would want to hire a parolee? But he was able to land a job working at a mechanic's shop for a guy named Diego. It's decent pay and over time he'll be working at a higher position in the shop.

The waitress brought us our drinks before taking our meal orders and disappearing off to deposit the order off at the kitchen. "So that's when I was like Owen you can't kiss that chicken..." Slade began but trailed off when a couple approached our table. My eyes lit up at realization that it was my father and his fiancé Elizabeth.

"Vixen, you look amazing!" Elizabeth gushed taking me into a bone crushing hug as I stood up to greet them. I grinned at her and thanked her, telling her that she looked amazing as well before turning to greet my father.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?" My dad beamed, hugging me.

I smiled at him and returned his hug saying, "I'm wonderful Dad." I glanced over at Slade who was standing as well, shifting from one foot to the they uncomfortably. "Oh! Dad, Liz! This is Slade, my boyfriend. Slade, this is my Dad and his lovely fiancé Elizabeth." I introduced, an entire insect display swirling around in my stomach at calling Slade my boyfriend.

Slade greeted my father and soon to be step-father. I couldn't help but notice the way my father looked Slade over in that fatherly way, and I prayed he wouldn't say anything rude. "Nice to meet you Slade, please call me Jonathan." My dad said giving Slade a respectful nod, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Oh Vixen, this is absolutely wonderful! Are you going to bring Slade along with you to the wedding? We already have had the arrangements made in case you would have liked to bring a date! Speaking of which, I have your invitation with me right now!" Elizabeth exclaimed happily talking a million miles an hour as she dug in her purse for my invitation to their wedding.

They had came to me and asked if I would like to be a bridesmaid in the wedding but I respectfully declined. Although I have a good relationship with Liz I just don't believe I'm close enough with her to be in her wedding. I feel as though that spot should be reserved for her friends and family that she has a special connection with. So I'll just be attending the wedding in the audience, I'm more comfortable this way.

I liked at Slade and smiled. "I'm not sure, I haven't asked him - let me see. Slade, would you like to go to a wedding with me?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows at him. He rolled his eyes and smiled, shaking his head 'yes'.

"Wonderful! Well here's your invitation Vixen and we can't wait to see you two there!" Liz beamed thrusting a pearl pink invitation into my hands and quickly kissing my cheek. She waited for my father to hug me good-bye before pulling him out of the cafe rambling about last minute wedding plans. I laughed at the two, my father really does love her and I'm happy for them.
-
Slade groaned and leaned back in the chair he's been sitting in for the past hour. I've been in and out of the dressing room trying on different dresses, trying to find the perfect one for the wedding. I rolled my eyes as I looked at him with my hands on my hips. "I don't enjoy this just as much as you do! But I need to find something to wear to this wedding!" I whined.

"You could go in the nude, I wouldn't mind." He teased smirking at me, as he watched me inspect the dress I was wearing in the mirror. Nope, this one won't work! I look like a freaking school bus in this yellow dress. I rolled my eyes and flipped him the bird before walking out on to the shop floor in search of new options.

Picking up a black dress I chewed on my lip as I looked at it. Would wearing black to their wedding be offensive? Shrugging I told myself I'd see how the dress looked anyway before moving on to another rack. I picked up a light blue one and turned my head to the side as I looked at it, guess I'll try this one too. Picking up a light pink one I made my way back to the dressing room, frowning when I noticed Slade wasn't sitting where I left him.

Shrugging I moved into the dressing room I had been using, not paying any mind to my surroundings I began to strip out of the yellow dress I had tried on. When someone whistled behind me I almost jumped completely out of my skin, turning around I looked at Slade with wide eyes. He sat on the bench leaning against the wall and smirking at me, looking over my half naked body with hungry eyes.

My immediate reaction was to blush and cover myself up but Slade grabbed my arm pulling me to him. I stumbled onto his lamp and found myself straddling him. His eyes searched mine as his tongue darted out of his mouth, I watched him perform the action. Smirking at him I leaned down and kissed him ever so lightly, he groaned in frustration.

Slipping one hand into my hair to hold my head in place he kissed me hard and hungrily but I kept up with his fast pace. His tongue mingled with mine ultimately winning the battle for dominance, his fingers digging into my bare sides. I pulled at his hair and let out a gasp when he lifted his hips up to grind against me.

-.<
Hello earthlings👽
I so wrote this chapter with Tales of Vesperia playing in the background. It's like the only anime I've ever watched and I found it in the $1.99 bin at Hastings. And I watched it and I love it. Like Yuri & Rapeed (did I spell that right? 😂) are amazing. And it like so made me ride the feel train to feels-ville and I came with the feels syndrome.

I also got the Interview and bruh.😂 It was hilarioussss.

But like you guys should follow me on Instagram (@hope.mariee) or on tumblr (lithium-happy) or Twitter (@lithium_happy) and I have a Facebook too but it's more like my personal boring stuff? My main site is Instagram, but I follow back on all sites it'll just probably be faster on Instagram.

So yeah, I guess that's all I have to say? Vote, comment, and yeah be amazing because you are.😊

&& because I'm incompetent leave some anime suggestions for a hoe.😜