Chapter 7: "Who are they looking for...'her'?"

After calming down, I stood up and heard the door opening. I stopped breathing. Then I exhaled when I heard that it was just my parents coming home. Unusually early. I came to meet them and when I saw them, they had this tight look in their faces.

"Hey mom and dad, why so early today?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing hun, just got done early from work." my mom said pretending to smile.

"What kind of job are you both doing anyway?" Trying my luck to see if they would tell me.

"I told you, just the usua--What's that in your arms?" Dad asking all of a sudden.

I looked at my arms and saw fingerprints now becoming bruises on both of them. It must have been when Mr. Ridge grabbed me. But why would it cause bruises? Even if someone pinched me, it rarely left any marks at all. I quickly hid my arms behind me and said quickly as innocently as I could, "Clark and I had a little fight, that's all."

My dad looked at me suspiciously then maybe because he was too tired, he just sighed and said , " Alright, be careful squirt. Don't go around fighting someone twice your size." Messing my hair up, he went to their bedroom.

Mom did the same, she hugged me, then followed dad.

I sighed in relief and quickly went for my room before they could come out and ask me more questions.

Sitting in my bed, I looked at my arms again and tried to remember if the teacher grabbed me that hard.

But she can't. All she could recall was how it felt when Mr. Ridge's breath brushed the skin of her neck. And she felt a shiver of delight. She wasn't even scared of how strong Mr. Ridge could be. She was developing a feeling with this mysterious man.

That night she awoke because of noises coming from downstairs. Tip toeing as quietly as she could down the stairs, she could hear her parents talking.

"They found one in this town." Mom's voice sounding a bit stronger.

"Where and who could it be? We must find it quickly before it disturbs the people." It was Dad's voice, shaking a bit, either he's afraid or in rage, I can't be sure.

"I know. And we have to protect her. You know it will come for her if this is really him."

"Yes sweetheart, I know. Let's get some sleep and talk about it tomorrow."

She went back to her room and shut the door carefully so as not to cause any sound. What were her parents talking about. Who are they looking for and who is that 'her' ? She was becoming afraid of what her parents really do.