I

She takes her time getting ready in the morning; makes sure to comb out her curly hair. She picks an appropriate yet comfortable outfit for her day at Forester High. She always wondered why it was called that, but as she is now older she realizes now: their school is in the middle of a forest. Well not completely, but next to it is close enough. Because of this factor, the exterior walls of the school are covered with beautiful leaves and trumpet vines. The principal was sent complaints from parents about this, saying it damaged the appearance of the school, but the principal denied their grievances, assuring them that it added to its wonderful beauty.
   She agreed with the principal. The flowers were indeed pretty. They also added a natural elegance to their campus. This is what she always took pride in at her school. It was effortlessly enchanting, compared to other schools that tried to desperately dress up their halls with moneyed decorations and superficial veneers. But what she enjoyed most were the hydrangeas.
   Their gorgeous violet glow sprinkled along the blades of green added a touch of verdurousness to their sidewalks. She appreciated this.

Our school is blessed by Mother Nature.

   The principal likes to say. She agreed. And she cherishes this.

"You better come down for breakfast, Mirana. You're gonna be late!" her mom yelled.

She rushes down the stairs and grabs a vine of grapes, kissing her mother on the cheek.

"You don't want your breakfast?"

"These grapes will suffice, Ma! Thank you for the food!"

Her mom sighs, kissing her back on her cheek. She tells her that she must not skip breakfast tomorrow. Mirana agreed.

.........