1

10 years ago

Y/n and Maurice sat in her room watching tv and eating snacks.

"Damn, can you believe tomorrow is our first day of college. Ugh, finally, I'm sick of that hell whole called highschool." Y/n said and Maurice laughed.

"Yea, there's something I gotta tell you." Maurice said pausing the movie they were watching. Y/n looked at him and he went to say something.

"I..." He just looked at Y/n not being able to tell her he got drafted to play in the NBA.

"I can't wait..." He smiled at her and she smiled. The two went back to watching the movie but Maurice was just upset.

----

Maurice was about to knock on Y/n front door but she opened it.

"Hey, why aren't you ready? I thought we were riding together." Y/n said as Maurice just looked down.

"About that. I'm not going to college. I got drafted for the NBA..." Y/n smiled at him.

"Well congrats! I'm happy for you."

"Over seas." He looked at Y/n as her smiled faded.

"When are you leaving?"

"In 2 hours. I was gonna tell you I just didn't know how. I-I'm sorry, N/n." Y/n just stared at him.

"No, it's okay, I'm happy for you." She brushed it off hiding how she really felt.

"Look, you have a plane to catch and I don't want you to be late because of me, so...." Y/n hugged Maurice and he hugged her back tight.

The two both had tears in their eyes but blinked them away. They let go saying their goodbyes and Maurice got in his car and left.

Present Time May 1st

"And if you wonder if I hate you. FUCK YOU!!" Y/n screamed the lyrics to her newest song I hate U.

She was vibing to music when her phone ringed. She looked at seeing it said mommy facetiming her.

"Turn it down, y'all." She picked up the phone.

"Hey, ma."

"Hey, baby, you still coming for the party right?" Her mom asked

"Yes, of course, mommy. I can't miss my own coming home party, can I?"

"Mhm. You just don't be late, I know how you be. You was late to you're own graduation."

"I was only late cause I got sick that morning." Her mom hummed making Y/n giggled.

"Ight now, you better be here on time, Y/n. I mean it."

"I promise I won't be late, ma."

"Mmk. I love you, baby."

"I love you too, mommy." Her mom hung up and Y/n sighed.

"Alright let's get going, so I can see my family." Y/n said grabbing her things.

-----

Maurice and his fiancee Emily were in his car on their way to his mom's house while listing to Good Days. Maurice was singing his heart out while Emily glanced at him a few times. She turned down the music a bit.

"What you do that for?" Maurice said glancing at her.

"It's too loud, Maurice." Emily looked in the her little flip mirror fixing her hair and makeup.

"You just got sensitive ears, baby."

"No. If I say the music is too loud then it's too loud, Maurice." Maurice rolled his looking out the window where she couldn't see.

"Well, we finna be at a party and the music gonna be loud, so get used to it."  Maurice turned the music back up as Emily just looked at him then rolled her eyes.

They pulled up to his mom house he bought for her. Maurice got out the car and opened Emily door getting her out. They walked to the front door. Maurice had a keys so he just unlocked it and came in.

"Knock, knock." Maurice said then his mother Kimberly came out the kitchen.

"Is that my baby boy!" Maurice came and hugged his mom.

"Hey, mama."

"Oh, my baby is home, finally." Kim said as they pulled away. She turned to Emily and hugged her.

"Hi, Emily, it's nice seeing you agian."

"Nice seeing you too, Ms. Williams."

"Mmm, what you up here cooking?" Maurice said going in the kitchen. He was about to open the pot thay was on the stove but Kim slapped his hand.

"I'm just making some baked beans, to take over to Angie's house for the party." Kim said stirring her beans.

"Party? Oooh, y'all having a little coming home party for me." Maurice said doing a little dance.

"No, not just you, Y/n is coming home from her 6 month tour today." Kim said and Maurice was a bit shocked hearing his best friend since kids was coming back.

"Dang, for real, I can't wait to see her. I bet she changed huh?" Maurice said leaning on the island in the kitchen.

"She has matured into a beautiful young lady now."

"N/n, always been beautiful. She had home boys giving up they lunch money just to take her out back in school." Maurice said as Kim just laughed.

"Did she ever go out with the boys." Emily asked butting in the conversation.

"Nah, she wasn't really into guys."

"Oh, she was gay?"

"Oh, no, Y/n maybe testing the waters now or something but she was far from gay back then. She used to have a little crush on Maurice." Kim said with a chuckle.

"Ma." Maurice gave his mom a look.

"Oh, please, you have nothing to worry about, Emily, that was the past. Plus, I heard she's dating some wanna be rapper."

"Who?" Maurice said real quick in a jealous tone and Emily glanced him.

"Oh, some boy named Juan, his rapper name is S-Juan."

"She dating S-Juan? I heard he got two baby mamas, and that nigga shit but a user." Maurice said with a bit of anger.

"Well, you don't go telling Y/n that, let her figure it out on her own." Kim said in a stern tone pointing at Maurice.

"Ight, ma."