2

The Party

Everyone was at Angie house dancing, drinking, eating, talking, and laughing.

Y/n grabbed a soda she greeted a few people but she was looking for some specifically.

Maurice.

Who was too looking around for her. He walked through crowds of people greeting them.

He seen Y/n standing in the kitchen watching over everyone. He stared at her for a while smiling. It may of been ten years since the two talked but he knew his best friend anywhere.

He walked over to her as she noticed him.

"Hey."

"Hey." The two hugged each other tight. The two pulled away and Maurice grabbed a beer.

"So, uh, how you been? Heard you dating S-Juan." Maurice said taking a sip out of his beer while looking at Y/n.

"You listen to his music or something?"

"Nah, just heard."

"Oh, so you keeping track on who a sista dating but can't call?" Y/n crossed her arms giving Maurice a look as Maurice laughed.

"Same old Y/n."

"Same old Maurice. Always worried bout who I'm with."

"Aye you know I've always been protective of you." Maurice and Y/n just hummed playfully rolling her eyes. The two both laughed a bit. They looked at each other and stared for a moment.

"So, how you been?" Y/n asked breaking the silence

"Oh, I been g-"

"Maurice! Can we go now, I'm getting claustrophobic." Emily walked over totally ignoring Y/n's presents.

"Emily, we just got here, relax. I want you to meet my best friend, Y/n. N/n, this is Emily my fiancee." Y/n face kinda sadden but she covered it up with a fake smile.

"Fiancee?"

"Yea, we're getting married in June." Emily put her hand out show off her ring.

"Nice. Congrast."

"Thanks, N/n." Maurice thanked Y/n who just smiled.

"Yo, baby, I been looking for you girl." Juan came over grabbing Y/n by the waist and kissing her. Emily rolled her eyes and Maurice just stared at the two with hurt in his eyes.

Y/n pulled away turning back to Maurice and Emily.

"Maurice, this is Juan, babe this is my best friend Maurice and his fiancee Emily." Juan scanned over Emily a few times. Emily kept from looking at him.

"You look mad familiar." Juan said gesturing to Emily.

"Oh, no, you may of seen me on TV with Maurice."

"Nah, that ain't it, but whatever. Baby, I gotta go pick up Taylor and her bother. I'll see you later." Juan kissed Y/n cheek then left.

"Since you don't wanna leave, I'll go sit in the car." Emily said then walked off.

"Have fun!" Y/n waved then looked at Maurice.

"That's who you marrying?"

"Don't start, Y/n."

"I'm just saying. She a lil stuck up for you. You used to fuck with party girls, the bitch that threw they legs on the wall twerking and shit." Y/n said and Maurice just laughed.

"Exactly used to. I'm good with what I got." Maurice sighed out then took a sip of his beer. Y/n just hummed drink her soda. The two stood in silence not even looking at each other.