C1: Rose Quartz

Entering the kitchen, Cabby approached the coffee machine. She started to prepare her favorite blend, hoping to have it ready before anyone else came into the room.

Of course, someone did enter the room, much to her discontent. "Hey, mind if I use that after you're finished?" The familiar voice of the Hotel manager asked.

Cabby gave him a slight side glance, smiling. "You're the one that owns the coffee maker. I don't know why you asked." She attempted to joke.

"Heh, yeah you're right." He chuckled, leaning on the island behind the two, mug in hand. "Guess my memory's going blank after all these late shifts."

She frowned slightly, almost forgetting that OJ practically never sleeps. Recovery or not, it wasn't good for his health. Cabby poured the brew into her mug.

"All yours." She said to him, scooting aside. OJ quickly began his batch of coffee, in a rush to get back to his job. Cabby turned away, starting to leave.

"Wait." OJ suddenly called, making her freeze in place. Her hands clenched tightly around her mug as she waited for whatever OJ was going to tell her.

She was nervous. This would had been the second time the two ever spoke since leaving Indefinite Island. Taking a deep breath, she turned to face him.

Surprisingly, he was smiling. "There's going to be a trivia night in the conference room tonight." He said, stirring his coffee.

"Last time it was II trivia, but I think this time it's general. A lot of the patrons will be there, and I was wondering if you were coming too?"

Cabby looked away, feeling a twinge of confusion. She quickly shook it off, regaining her composure. "Actually, no. Sorry OJ." She told him.

He frowned, but nodded. "No problem. You're busy?" He questioned. "Yes. Doing a lot of research on...dreams." She hesitantly said.

It wasn't a total lie.

She was curious about the concept of dreaming in general. And that door dream, as mundane as it was, did spark some interest into dream environments.

Plus, keeping a dream journal was a good excuse to go back to her room as early as possible.

The less everyone saw of her, the better.

Once OJ was done with his coffee, he left the kitchen, leaving Cabby alone once again. After a moment, she left, not wanting to run into anyone else.

[ ~ ~ ]

There she was again, in the endless void with endless doors. Her anxiety swelled like a musical sting, as she frantically looked around.

And there it was.

That familiar periwinkle door with the rose pink handle.

Cabby's anxiety quickly faded, as she rushed towards it. She was determined to see what was on the other side, but she didn't know why.

It was almost as if something was drawing her towards the door, inviting her inside. It felt warm, comforting...like a hug from someone close.