[10] We have time.

Ant's POV

3/9/25

I stand there with a look of horror upon my fave as I see the love of my life looking so ill. I ask for some time alone with Dec, and they give me 10 minutes.

"Dec, I hope you can hear me right now. I just want you to know that for as long as I live, I'm never ever going to leave you. I love you so much Deccy. Nobody needs to know about us yet, not until you wake up, not until you're ready."

I stare at Dec's beautiful face for what feels like hours. I am interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"Mr McPartlin?"
"Mhmmmm?" I sound so distracted.
"The Press is here to see you..."
"I don't want to see them."
"Also, Mr David Walliams is here."
"Let him through...but please don't let the Press in."

I hear the receding footsteps of the nurse and instead they are replaced by the sound of David approaching. He walks in and sits down next to me. His face is red and tear-stained and he looks like he is so lost in his own mind that he wouldn't be able to have a full conversation.

"David...are you ok? What happened?"
I'm not ready to listen to his sob stories. But he needs me, and no matter how shitty I feel I should always be there for my friend.

"I- it's a long story."
"We have time, David."

David takes a deep breath and starts to tell me everything that's just happened. The outing, the fight with Simon, Dec's injury, and then the break-up. That's a lot to go through in a couple of days. I don't know how to respond to him in a tactful manner though without bringing all that crap up.

Me and David just stare for a while at Dec before I say,
"I'm sorry, David."
"What for?"
"None of this would've happened if it wasn't for me. It's my fault. I am so sorry."

I thought David might laugh and told me to not be stupid, or that it isn't my fault.

"You're damn right it's your fault, you bastard. All you ever think about is yourself."