Part 15 - Trying New things

"No!" she yelled shaking her head vigorously, "of course, Priya's famous 'NO'" he said smiling sarcastically, "I don't not remember saying yes and asking me when I am sleep does not COUNT!" she said shooting daggers at him through her eyes, "Yaar, try toh kar sakthi ho, haina" he said trembling under her death glare. "No chance!" she said throwing her hands up, "You said the same thing about our marriage, and look where we are now, Mrs. Priya Ram Kapoor..." she said smirking, she groaned, "Kyu? I can't Mr. Kapoor, I can't" she said her tone decreasing, he frowned and then took a deep breath, "ZNMD?" he said, she looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed, "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, the trio who go to spain... leave it, we'll watch that later" he said, "Okay I'll watch that, but I can't do this, you really expect me to go for SCUBA DIVING?" she said, "Priya calm down, the only way to overcome your fear is by facing it, and what better way that this?" he said, "Mr. Kapoor, it's not about that, I don't fear it... It just brings up bad memories..." she said softly, Ram cupped her face, stroking her cheeks gently, "Priya yaad hai tumne kaha, kis uss kachori se sirf ek hi baad yaad rahegi, ki peheli baar kisine valentine's day par tumhari kushi ke liye kuch kiya...?" he asked, she nodded, "I want to do the same again, I wanna make sure you enjoy every bit this world has to offer, I know it's difficult, but I wanna change all our bad memories to a good one, so, I will ask this again, will you do this, Scuba Diving with me?" he said, she gave a small smile, "Okay... but if something happens na..." he cut her "Don't worry, you can kill me later" he said joking, she just shook her head. "Priya... I'll be there, there will be two instructors, so you are safe, and if you feel any kind of discomfort, you can back out. But just give it a shot once... hmm" she took a deep breath and replied, "Okay, I trust you." He smiled widely. Ram happily goes and books them a time. 'Try new things, it's okay, he is there. If it makes him happy, I will. Maybe I can like it?' she thought to herself. "I have to wear this? It looks so tight." she said holding her swim suit. "Yeah, u can wear something loose and the fishes can get inside" he joked, "No no... I'll wear this." She said quickly brushing off the thoughts of fishes inside her clothes.

They changed their dress, Ram was awestruck looking at her, he couldn't take his eyes of her, "Why are you staring at me?" she asked squinting her eyes, "no.. um... nothing, you look good" he said, she smiled, "Okay... I can do this! Let's do this" she said taking a deep breath. "Hi I'm Leah, and I will your Instructor Mam. You don't have to be afraid, I have experience in this for quite a long time, if needed 8 years. And I also have a certificate." She said, she looked genuine. "Ok" Priya said with a smile. They took them to a shallow area first, teaching them to use the mouth piece and how to adjust it if needed underwater, then they were taught the basic sign language for emergency. And then, they were now taken a bit far inside, Priya was trembling a bit but seeing Ram excited for it calmed her down. The instructor made sure she was okay throughout it. Ram gave her his signature grin and went it with his instructor, she took a deep breath, signaled she was ready. She dived in, and the view inside made her forget everything, all her fears, her bad memories, it was all replaced by the beauty that lied inside the sea, the aquatic life, the small fishes swimming together, the small kale and weeds, along with few coloured corals. She then spotted her husband who was waving at her, she waved back moving closer to him. The instructor let the couple hold hands and Ram had asked them to take pics, which they did.