Chapter 1

How did all of this start?

Well, that is an interesting question. Most people ask this question at least twice in their melancholy lives. 'How did all of this start?'

A question that can be used in a positive or negative manner. Usually, you can tell what type of person you are talking to if they ask questions such as this one. 'How did all of this start?'

I keep doing this, going on about who knows what. Maybe I just get distracted easily. The founder of a esteemed company getting distracted;though that might be expected as I am only 15 years of age.

Now back to that question, 'How did all of this start?' Going back a year, I was not even in this world. A world rotting with quirks, heroes, villains and humans. People the bane of my existence.

Anyways let's go back a whole year.

************************************

Sunlight made it's way into my dark room. I couldn't get much sleep last night and as a result of that my parents scolded me again.

They hate the fact that I'm always on my computer. Despite the fact I have online school, well even online school has holidays so I don't really have much of an excuse this time.

I slowly make my way to my computer, ignoring myself tripping and stumbling on air. It's about time for the Christmas eve call Red set up.

Since Carmen is going to be busy on Christmas, she wanted to do an early call to celebrate all together. Shadow-San, Ivy, Zack, Julia and surprisingly Chase was invited.

"Hey, Player!" I stop daydreaming when I hear her voice. "Hey Carmen, your on early." To me Carmen's like an older sister. A very protective sister. When I told her that I wanted to live at HQ she was very against the idea.

"So I haven't seen you for awhile. What have you been up to?"
"Oh, um well, Shadow-San have been teaching me little snippets of Japanese when he's not busy and Devineauxs' still asking questions about my abilities."

As if by magic, Devino and Zack joined the call.
"Wassup Carm, Player."
"La femme rougue, Player."

We all waited for the rest of the group to join and than the early festivities began. Karaoke, 21 questions, opening early sent presents etc. That day was fun.

It was not until later on I got hungry. "Hey, guys I'm gonna get something to eat."After letting them know, I made my way downstairs.

The fridge and cupboards were full to the brim of sweets and snacks, mostly Christmas themed. I didn't expect anything less from my parents. I love them but couldn't they at least find a way to spend Christmas with me.

As I started to search for my favorite flavor potato chips, the sound of knocking on the front door filled my ears. I made my way to the door, anxious to so who it would be. That's when I stopped.

Who could possibly be knocking on the door on Christmas eve of all days?
I stepped away from the door and started to think.

Relatives? No, it couldn't be my step-dad's a orphan and my mums an only child with both her parents in a care home.

Neighbours? No. I know for a fact they're all busy since at last nights dinner my parents kept talking about how to neighbors are.

I quickly excluded things like mail since my parents only order things to the office, and I never get things delivered to my house.

The banging got louder and more aggressive and my instincts kicked in, and I ran upstairs into my room. I get back to my computer, trying to find the right words to explain what's going on, but nothing came out.

"Um, Player, you okay?" Even now, I can't even make out who voice that was. "Help...... me... please...."

And the rest is just a giant blur.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I awoke on a beach surrounded by broken furniture. One of my bags was next to me packed with my phone, computer, and clothes.

I was scared but I didn't panic. Monitoring highly dangerous missions, really does teaches somebody. I decided I should observe my surroundings before I made any rash decisions that I would regret.

Several tall mounts of unwanted items sat close to me and my bag. I could make out the tops of buildings against the night sky. It was the morning when I passed out, so I either slept for a while or I'm on the other side of the planet. That isn't worrying at all.

I'll pick the second option. Looking closer into the items around me, I can see characters that I have learnt from Shadow san. It was around 13:49 when I left to get snacks, so it should be around 02:49 since Japan is 13 hours ahead.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my phone. Dead. I need to find a place to charge my phone, and I need to see if I can access my bank account.

In the meantime, I'm going to search through these mounts and see if I can find anything interesting or useful.