01 | kicks get chicks

When Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso agreed that it would be a good idea for the two dojos to team up for a bonding activity during their first summer as college fraternity brothers, they were not expecting their students to get into even half ...

When Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso agreed that it would be a good idea for the two dojos to team up for a bonding activity during their first summer as college fraternity brothers, they were not expecting their students to get into even half as much trouble as Robby Keene, Miguel Diaz and Eli Moskowitz did that summer, in just one horrible night. They say that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but not for three frat boys from West Valley, California.

Of course, Demetri Alexopolous was there as well, but not for the same reasons. No, Demetri spent most of the disastrous trip at Comic Con, blissfully unaware of the trouble his friends were getting up to.

Robby, Eli, Miguel and Demetri left campus at ten o-clock sharp and kept on driving until they got to Nevada. Robby drove, and was in charge of picking all of the music. Miguel sat in the backseat with headphones pulled over his ears as he tried to listen to a recording of his business economics lecture, which was very hard to do over the screaming guitar's of Guns N Roses' 'Nightrain', which Robby and Eli were singing at the top of their lungs. Demetri also sat in the back, his head buried in the latest X-Men comic that he had bought the day before, Comic Con admission lanyard dangling around his neck.

Robby Keene's car was far from new: a 2010 Honda with scratched silver paint, from one too many brushes with curbs and parking signs. Demetri had little to no faith in the old car, and it was all he could do to not jump out of the moving vehicle and take a Greyhound bus to the Vegas Comic Con by himself. The Greek boy figured that it would be the much safer option. He wasn't sure how much more of Robby's thumping metal music and the way he frantically shook his head in tune that the car could take as Robby howled the words to Alice Cooper's "This Maniac's In Love With You".

Seven hours and forty-five minutes later, Miguel looked up from his lecture notes to see the fabled welcome sign above his head, less spectacular when it wasn't lit up during daylight hours.

Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada.

"We're in Vegas, baby!" Miguel cheered, Bluetooth headphones dropping to hang around his neck.

"Vegas! Vegas! Vegas!" Eli bagan to cheer, drumming on the inside of the car door. With a laugh and a sly grin, Robby began to join the chant, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.