Chapter 30 - On The Verge Of A Mental Breakdown

Hey, I wanted to thank you guys if you're reading this story and made it this far.

There's still a few chapters to go before the end so I hope you stick around :)

Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Natalia

______________

Harry woke up early that day like he usually did whenever he had to get his daughters ready for school, except he didn't have to. His daughters were already in America with Anna and he was home alone.

He decided that seeing as he was awake, he might as well make the best of the day and go for a run. He changed into his sweatpants and a t-shirt seeing as the weather was quite warm. He got out of the house and started running on his way out of the complex hoping the physical effort would help him clear his head.

He increased his pace running faster when he made it out of the complex towards the huge park about a block away, but when he was crossing the road he came across a scene that made him stop completely .

A man perhaps a little older than him was standing in front of a woman who was holding a boy by the hand. The boy seemed to be around six or seven years old and was looking at his dad with tearful eyes.

"Bye Andy..." Said the man "See you on Thursday ok? I'll pick you up from nana's house then"

"Andy, give daddy a hug ...We need to get going" Said the woman

The man kneeled down in front of the boy and hugged him

"We had fun, didn't we?" He asked and the boy nodded "Think about what games you want to play next time we see each other, ok?

Harry gulped hard recognizing that in three weeks' time he was going to have to experience the same look on his daughter's faces whenever he said goodbye to them.

He walked past the couple and the boy as his mother strapped him to the back seat of her car and he looked at his father and waved him goodbye with a half-smile. Having lost all will to keep on running, he carried on walking through the park until he found a bench and sat down.

Harry started wondering exactly how he and Anna were going to accomplish a successful separation if they had three children to think of.  He imagined what it would be like to see his children only a couple of times a week, maybe joining them for dinner eventually and then, at the end of the day, going back home alone. Or perhaps taking them to sleep over at his place and then take them back to Anna the following day.

I don't want that for my girls... I hated it when I was little... He thought remembering how his mother would pack an overnight bag for him and his sister and his dad would pick them up on Fridays, they would spend the weekend with him and then by the time he had to bring them back to their mother's house again, the two of them would start crying and begging to stay for a little longer with their dad and they would go to bed really disappointed every time.

Harry got up from the bench and started walking around the park aimlessly for a while before returning home where he had a shower and decided to play guitar for a bit while he waited to be late enough to call Anna and not wake her up because of the time difference.

He picked up the guitar and held it in his hands, enjoying the feeling of the strings against his fingers. It had been a while since he had learnt to play guitar and he knew he wasn't as good as Niall or even Liam, but still, every once in a while he liked to sit around and play whatever tune was playing in his mind.

His morning kept going unbearably slow so he decided to go get his laptop from the office and sit down to watch a bit of t T.V while he checked his emails. He put his a glass of water he had carried from the kitchen on the desk while he got down to retrieve his charger, but as he got up he knocked over the glass and the water spilled all over the papers on the desk.