First Day (Part 1)

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up early in the morning the next day, with barely enough sleep at all. Same old night terrors and everything. I sighed and found myself extremely irritated. The birds chirping were incredibly loud and the small cracks around the house seemed to resonate. I felt awful. I wanted nothing more than tearing up those birds in pieces, their chirping annoying me more and more by the minute, my patience growing thin. I sighed, understanding the reason for my impulsivity. I looked in my bag and found one last dose of chronos. I still brought the briefcase with me, so I wouldn't need to worry about withdrawal. I injected the needle into my vein, feeling a sudden rush before feeling my mood slowly stabilizing. The sounds weren't so loud anymore and the sun hitting my room stopped bothering me. I looked at my phone, 5 o clock. Well, guess I'm not going back to sleep anyways. I opened the door and made my way to the kitchen, making sure to tiptoe so I wouldn't wake up anyone. I found some coffee and made myself one before putting in some milk and sugar. I took a sip from the cup, the caffeine slowly starting to wake me up. Once I was finished with my drink, I felt better and stretched before sitting down in front of the tv and watching the news. Nothing interesting. People were still talking about me, although much less than they did in the past week. A murder here, a robbery there... The usual depressing stuff you see on the news. I sighed and closed the TV, deciding to simply scroll on my phone mindlessly. I heard some footsteps behind me and turned around to greet whichever member of K/DA was behind me. I was welcomed with a disheveled Evelynn, wearing a white tee and some, erm... very lacy, black undergarments. She rubbed the sleep off her eyes and looked at me, stopping dead in her track. I turned around immediately; my face heating up at an alarming rate.

-Sorry ! I didn't know you would-

She laughed sweetly, although with a hint of embarrassment.

-It's ok. How could you have known ? I sometimes like to wake up earlier than everyone else.

-N-no. It's okay. You should go put some pants on, we'll talk after that.

She giggled and I heard her go upstairs. She came back a few minutes later, wearing a pair of leggings and a purple t-shirt that could let us see her shoulders.

-Better ? Although I'm sure you enjoyed seeing me in my sleepwear too.

I cleared my throat and she giggled.

-Anyway, how was shopping last night ? I didn't see you come back.

-Yeah. Went for a couple of drinks after that. I came back a little late into the night.

-Well, hope you had fun.

-I did. I like a good drink once in a while. You should join me sometimes, that could be fun. Just the two of us.

I nodded at her and she smiled at me.

-You know, I must admit you caught my attention. You're an enigma to us Y/N. Even Ahri doesn't seem to know much about you. Your past seems to be a secret hidden to the world, and I'd love to discover what that secret is.

My mood dropped a bit at the mention of my past.

-Trust me, you don't want to know about my past. I'm not a good person Evelynn. I'm far from it.

-Don't worry. I like bad boys too.

She said jokingly as I shook my head.

-It's not like that. I...

I sighed.

-I'll tell you one day, if I ever feel like I can trust you enough. But a girl like you has nothing to do with a guy like me. That I know.