Chapter 7

After submitting to her situation, Lilian rested on a bench, as requested. Maine, who was on the side, came near her and brought her a water bottle.

"You all right?" Maine asked. She was also worried upon hearing the trainer's words.

Lilian was utterly beaten. Why does nobody believe me?! she helplessly exclaimed.

But who could?

She had no one to blame but herself. She took for granted her "soft" nature ah.

It might have been better if she went with the flow and affirmed that she was unwell. It would be more credible.

In a last attempt to turn the tide in any way, she said, "Absolutely! I'm as strong as a horse."

"Yeah, you're super strong. So go drink that water before you die of dehydration." Maine, in disbelief, sat beside Lilian, pushing her to drink.

With heavy shoulders, Lilian groaned. She has done her best.

It was tiring to convince people.

Lilian rested her chin on both of her hands while propping her elbows on her knees. Her mind was proactively churning out different versions of her scene with Irene earlier, hurling the previous affair out of her thoughts.

She was so giddy that she had to slap both of her cheeks simultaneously to stop her grin from reaching her ears, lest others assume something else.

However, it was too late.

Maine jolted when her ears picked up the sound of a slap. She looked at Lilian as though witnessing a fool on a street.

How was this alright?

"Tell me if you need help. Mental health is now heavily promoted, and as your devoted assistant, I'll scour every corner of the earth to get you the best doctor out there, but of course under your financial means," said Maine.

At this point, Lilian was getting used to the sharp tongue of her assistant. Though glossy, the end of the knife was dull. It gave her no wound.

It actually tickled and made her laugh. Hahaha.

Lilian's impassioned visions settled down. She uncapped the water bottle, thirsty.

Without warning, a light bulb went off in her head. That's right! Inspiration hit her. I should confess.

Ah, what a peculiar choice of word. We have here, ladies and gentlemen, a fair maiden who was getting worked up to "confess" to her "crush". Hehe.

Previously, she was too timid in the presence of Irene. Not to mention that stone cold facial expression, she was intimidated.

But things have changed! Irene's sweet smile practically encouraged her to get close.

Lilian kept looking at her watch, her head moving up and down, going back and forth.

Someone was antsy.

"When will the timer set off?" Maine heard her say.

"Perry turned it off. Why do you ask?"

"I wasn't talking about mine," she refuted.

"Huh?" Maine faced her. Then whose timer is she talking about? There, she saw where Lilian's focus was on.

Lilian was holding a second bottle of water, eyes locked on a certain figure, ready to strike once the trigger was pulled, and in this case it was the timer.

On how she got a hold of a second bottle? Maine has no clue. She didn't even notice how she got up and did that.

Stealth power, maybe?