ᒪᗩ丅 5

Chapter 7

Again, Silence. Now, even the Pandavas looked a bit uneasy. Vidur was shocked, while Kunti had paled even more if it was possible.

Kunti, the mother of the Pandavas and Karna, was very frightened. She had been pale and was about to faint when she heard of the girls informing her about Karna's backstory. She was so sure, her secret will be out. Her fear had gripped her heart. Of course, that was nothing to the guilt of hiding the truth. Now, what Duryodhan was suggesting, was very possible! What if Surya dev was truly angry? What if her sons were cursed? She can't let that happen!

A gentle slap on the back of the head, bought everyone out of their stupor, only to be shocked.

Karna had slapped Duryodhan on the back of his head, though gently, to bring him out of his jealousy filled mindset. On the other hand, Duryodhan was pouting at his friend, while Ashwathama was snickering.

Krishna was actually smirking, while Balrama smiled at the friends. It was good to see his student acting like himself than the jealousy and greed filled Rajkumar.

" What was that for?" asked Duryodhan, his hand rubbing the area of his head, where he was hit.

" Don't make a mountain of a molehill. I can take care of myself," said Karna, his face though blank but his voice was slightly admonishing.

Gandhari immediately smiled at the gentle scolding. She prayed to Lord Shiva, " Hey Mahadev, kripa kijiye! (O Lord Shiva, have mercy!) Please show my son the right path. Let Putra Karna be victorious where I have failed. I sincerely hope this machine, which I believe is the boon of yours, led us to a capable future."

Krishna smiled as he listened to her prayers.

" I am sure, Mahadev will make your wish come true, Devi. It is with the hope of the bright future, this machine was even created." he thought, with a twinkle.

"Parantu, Mitra (But, my friend) you are proficient in Archery! How can you fight with a mace wielder in an even ground?" asked Duryodhan, confused.

Even Ashwathama turned towards Karna to know. All of them already listening in. The Pandavas were shocked that Karna actually admonished Duryodhan, though far more gently. Vidur looked a bit ashamed himself, at reacting a bit harshly. Bhishma was curious while Drone went pale as if understanding something. The rest was purely curious, except Krishna, who was smiling.

" May I guess, Angaraj?" asked Krishna, his eyes twinkling.

Karna and everyone turned towards him. Karna's eyes soften, as he nodded. He won't deny..he respected Krishna a lot.

" Madhav, how do you know something about Angaraj?" asked Arjun, genuinely curious.

" Just a guess, Parth," replied Krishna, his gaze still on Karna, who matched his gaze evenly, not a shred of fear in him.

Krishna smiled, then he answered as his gaze swept over the room.

" I believe, Gurushresth (revered teacher) taught you, not only archery but also various other weapons? Including wrestling, swords and mace?"

" Yes," said Karna, with a slight nod.

" You know how to wield a mace?" asked Duryodhan, his eyes wide. Bheem also looked at him, his eyes wide as well.

Drona simply looked resigned.

Duryodhan in his hurry turn towards Karna so he could speak with him face to face, forgot all about the girl in his arms.

Karna's one hand stopped the child from falling off, while he gifted Duryodhan with a glare.

" Suyodhan, be careful of the child!"