Chapter 2- How It All Started

This is how it all started......

All the crying last night  must've affected me badly; I couldn't take it. My head ached atrociously. I ran out of tears, waking up to the worst headache ever. Life wasn't that great to me after my father's funeral. I wanted to be able to say how amazing the day is, how beautiful the sky looked, how I love the stars that lighten up London's abandoned streets at night, but, I couldn't.

I held so much grudge inside, so much sadness filled my heart, I was torn, depressed, I was..hurt.

'Amy, honey, get out of bed already!"

I heard my mom call as she was fiddling through the kitchen, making as much noise as she could, just so I wake up. 

The anger inside was of great amount; However, I knew that deep down inside, I shouldn't be mad at my father for leaving me for good, it's not like he had a choice. It's fate.

Nothing in my life was going as I planned when I was little, I thought I was going to be happy, make a change, be popular. All these positive thoughts just flipped their way into negative ones as I grew older. I couldn't accept my father's death. My mind was telling me to do the worst things, but my heart kept whispering that I'm strong enough to go through this.

"I'll be right there" I huffed as I crawled my way out of bed, sliding my slippers on,  I headed to the bathroom which was located inside my room, next to the purple walls of my closet. As usual, I stared at myself in the mirror. My reflection frightened me. I hated myself. Faking a smile up to my face was a talent of mine, faking a smile to the face of which I hated. Everyone thought I was one lucky girl, and that I was "pretty" but, I just couldn't see it. When I had a social life, guys used to compliment me, but I always had this little voice inside of me telling me that this is all a joke. They're just making fun of me. I hate how ugly I am. I hate myself. I want to get out of thie box of depression I'm trapped in but I just can't seem to, it has a lock to it, it needs a key, and I can't seem to find it. 

"Goodmorning sweetcheeks" 

I bent down and planted a kiss on her chubby cheeks that had a natural red  color to  them, she was so beautiful in my eyes.

She was wearing her turquoise pajamas, the ones she was wearing the same day my dad passed  away on. Seeing her wear those always made my heart ache, but for her, I would fake it. I would put a smile on my face.  

"What would you like for breakfast?" 

It was obvious we both faked our happiness, but we had to do it. Not for ourselves, but for eachother.

"Just some salad, I'm on a deadly diet, according to this!"

I whined pointing at my flabby stomach, it was so, disgusting. Ive always wanted to look like these girls that go to pool parties with their perfect flat stomach, oh how I envied them. 

"Oh the invisible layer of fat that you only see?I see"

Mom replied back sarcastically. She wasn't going to let her daughter go on a diet if she didn't need one, so she placed a bowl of cereal on my lap, waiting for me to get a hold of it.

"MOM! IM SERIOUS. DO YOU WANT ME TO END UP IN THE BIGGEST LOSER?" I huffed.

 Mom rolled her eyes and took the bowel away.

"Whatever makes you happy" 

She mumbled under her breath.

"Off I go!"

I cheerfully said in a squeaky voice. Kissed mom on the cheek, slid my school bag on my shoulder and headed out.

"Take Ca-"