The Fallen Princess

Hey guys!~ Thanks for reading my story. Feel free to comment and give me feedback. I'll try my best to update as fast as I can. :]

"Princess Cassandra Jean-Anne, it's time to wake up," a maid around her 50's said as she tugged on the blanket.

"Meh, Sarah...just another minute..." I mumbled back. I was just dreaming about my family: all three of us, my mother, father, and I. We were on one of our summer islands on Lake Constance celebrating my parent's 32th wedding anniversary. Despite being in there 50's, my parents could pull off being in there 20s. Probably something to do with there kick-ass genetics. My mother had blonde, wavy hair and huge blue/green eyes. To top it all off, she had all the curves in all the right places and had the most sultriest voice. On the other hand, my dad had light-blonde hair and blue eyes. He also had the huskiest voice ever, something my mother fell in love with. They WERE the cutest couple.

I shifted up in my king-size bed, scolding my stupidity. There was no point in thinking I could redream a dream by going back to sleep. 

"Darling, come here and lets get you dressed," Sarah said in her British accent.

I walked over to the mirror and stared at myself. I inherited my parent's blonde hair and their light blue's eyes, something I really cherish now. These characteristics were going to be the only bond between them and me...after today.

"Sweetie, are you scared?" Sarah asked while doing my hair into a braid.

"No, I knew this day was going to come one day."

"Sweetie, don't think like that. What would your mother, the queen, think if she heard you. She would tell you..."

"#1: To not give up, #2: To try my best, and #3: See the good in things...I know Sarah, its just that..."

"Oh darling, if you just remember those three advices you'll be fine," Sarah said while she pulled me into a comforting hug.  

I sighed and waited for for Sarah to finish braiding my hair. Today was the day my aunt and uncle were going to inherit the throne of Geofidye, a small place but with most of the world's riches. It was the place my parents ruled until April 6th, the day they were shot. Of course, the murderers were caught but the people behind the crime were never caught. And I have a feeling who it was...my aunt and uncle.

Today, I was going to meet them again. But this time not for a funeral but a congratulatory party, a party to welcome my aunt and uncle as the new rulers. It pained me to know that Geofide was under the rule of those two.

"Darling, you're all set. Let's get on that dress."

I quickly wiped a tear from my eye before Sarah could see and walked over to the dress.

"It looks beautiful! Sarah where did you get it?"

"It was your mother's wedding dress. Since we're not going to a wedding, I decided to add just a few adjustments. I know how you like white and flowers and I just thought it was great."

I looked over the white gown. It was strapless and had lace around the top. There were also white ribbons wrapping around the bottom half. As I walked around the dress and reached the back my mouth gaped open.

"Oh my, Sarah these are amazing."

There were thousands of white roses covering the trail of the dress. I reached down to touch it and was amazed again.

"These roses are made out of fabric? They look so real..."

"Yep, remember, I used to be an arts student before a maid," Sarah said winking.

I ran over to Sarah and gave her a bear hug, "Thank you so much Sarah!"

"Before you suffocate me to death I still have something to give you."

Sarah reached into a drawer and pulled out what looked to be a locket and a ring.

"This is your mother's locket. Look inside."

I took the golden locket and popped it open. Inside was an engraved picture of my family and on the bottom, engraved in cursive, "Love for Eternity." 

"Take your father's ring too," Sarah said placing a ring into my other palm.

On the inside it was engraved: "Love is the cure for everything." I laughed a giggle at my parent's obsession with love. It was so like them.

"Thank you, Sarah for the millionth time."

"Sweetie this is nothing. Why don't we get you dressed and ready. The party starts in a hour and we don't want the princess being late."

"Alright." I genuinely smiled for the first time in a long time. I still had someone who I could trust.