Shadow and Bone

Name: Shadow and bone

<First book of the shadow and bone trilogy>

Author: Leigh Bardugo

Page count: 307

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Genre: Fantasy, adventure fiction, young adult

Plot: Alina Starkov is a soldier. When her regiment is attacked whilst crossing the shadow fold - a swath of unnatural darkness crawling with monsters - Alina unleashes dormant magic not even she knew she possessed.

Now Alina will enter a lavish world of loyalty and intrigue as she trains with the Grisha - her country's magical military elite - and falls under the spell of their notorious leader, the Darkling. He believes Alina can summon a force capable of destroying the shadow fold and reuniting their war-ravaged country, but only if she can master her untamed gift.

But as Alina unlocks the secrets of her past, she will make a dangerous discovery that could threaten all she loves and the very future of the nation.

About:
GrishaVarse

✨It's also a Show on Netflix✨

My note: the book and the show are great! I recommend both watching the show and reading the books, doesn't matter if you see the show first! The books are worth it as much as the show.
( the show is pretty accurate compared to the first book).

Writing: the book is written in Alina's POV ( I made a mistake)
It's also easy to read for beginners

Random quote: "fine, make me your villain"

Enjoy