Angels Vs. Demons...Kind Of

“There he is,” I say to my partner, Peanut. Don’t be fooled by the name, Peanut is a super hot guy with beast abs.  But that’s what I think. 

On the other side of Death Valley is the leader of the Demons, Kiwi. The first time I heard that name I was expecting the leader of the Demons to be a girl. I. Was. So. Wrong. Kiwi is a guy, a man. And I thought Peanut was a funny name for a guy, but Kiwi! It’s like the parents want their kid to be bullied.

Anyway, Peanut and I are Angels and the Demons are our enemies. A regular human couldn’t tell the difference between an Angel and a Demon. We both have black wings. Don’t ask why Angels have black wings, I wasn’t at the meeting.

But today is the day when we take down the Demons once and for all because we scheduled the day with them. December 21, 2012 was the only day that both Angels and Demons weren’t busy. Ten years ago is when we made it official, today the Demons didn’t plan to do anything evil and we Angels were on our vacations.

“TG, snap out of it! This is no time to be informing the reader right now!” Peanut silently screams at me. Well, there goes the fourth wall, I thought. But you know he’s right. One quick thing: TG stands for my name, Tight Grip. My parents said I had a tight grip when I held something, so they named me that. Isn’t my name charming?

“Turkey!” That’s the signal for the battle to begin. Peanut and I are the first ones to run, to jump, to take off. The other Angels join us in the air, then the Demons. We wait in the air, flapping our wings up and down. Kiwi is giving me a face that, I think, is to frighten me. I start smiling, chuckling a little. Both Peanut and Kiwi look at me like I’m crazy, but I’m used to that look.

“Ahhh!” and here comes a Demon ready to attack me. I do nothing but wait for the right moment. I take his hand, and push it back. I go behind him, grab one of his wings and his arm and pull with my arms and push with my feet.

I hear a ripping sound, and the Demon is hurdling down 400 feet to the ground. My smile has turned into a grin, a big fat grin. I look at my hands and realize that I’m still holding the Demon’s wing. Disgusted, I fling it to the ground. Nothing is worst than holding someone else’s wing.

I turned to the enemy, most of the Demons look terrified that a thirteen year old could do that. “Now it’s on!” says Kiwi. Both Angels and Demons give a battle cry and charge, I mean fly forward. Let the fate of the Earth and everything else begin!