Chapter Two

Junkyu thinks he finally understands now. He's not saying that the girls were smart for practically lining themselves up to get rejected, but after really seeing this guy's face for the first time, yeah, he gets it.

The kid's attractive. Good face. Good height. Good proportions.
Junkyu had woken up that morning thinking he looked good, but he guessed that the world decided to send this pinnacle of human creation down to his little cafe just to humble him.

He blinked. How long has he been staring at this dude? The answer? Too long. Panic swept over him as he tried to think of something to say to save face.

"Hey, umm. Can you move? Not to be rude, but you're dripping a puddle of americano behind you."

What the fuck was that? If Junkyu knew that that was going to be the word vomit coming out of his mouth, he would have just shut up and kept staring.

"Oh yeah, sorry," the handsome guy said as he stepped out of the way. His voice was an octave deeper than he was expecting, startling him a bit.

Damn. Add 'Good Voice' to that list too.

The barista smiled apologetically at him as he mopped up the puddle, but when he finished, he noticed another puddle had formed behind the guy again.

"Oh shoot, we should probably get you some napkins to make you stop dripping, huh? Wait one second," Junkyu said as he handed the other guy his mop and headed behind the counter.

Jihoon, who had been watching the whole ordeal, leaned over to Junkyu the second he reached the station. "What the fuck was that? Why did you hand him the mop?"

"Shut up, I panicked!" the younger whisper shouted.

"Oh great, not only does he look awkward, but now he's awkward with a mop,"

Junkyu glanced over at the boy in question and saw him stiffly standing in the same spot as earlier with his arms bent awkwardly holding the mop.

He couldn't stop the laugh that escaped his lips. "Pffft, what a campus heartthrob," he joked.

"If only the girls could see him now," Jihoon added.

The two giggled behind the counter as Junkyu pulled out a clump of napkins from the dispenser. He walked back over to his glorified mop holder with the smile still lingering on his lips.

"Here's your napkins. Sorry for making you hold the mop," he said with his best attempt at a warm smile.

"Ah, umm, thanks," he responded, taking the napkins politely and handing the mop back to Junkyu.

The barista thought that that was the end of that. That the handsome guy would walk to the bathroom or something to clean up and then be on his merry way. Probably go sportscar driving or caviar tasting or whatever hot people did.

What he didn't expect was for him to just keep standing there dripping an ocean of coffee on his tile flooring.

"Um, oh, silly me. The bathroom is over th-" Junkyu started, but got cut off.

"Were you and your friend laughing at me earlier?" the other guy asked, his voice, if possible, even deeper than earlier.

The barista's eyes widened like a deer in headlights. Oh shit, he's fucked up now. This is the end. Junkyu was about to get beat up and found in a gutter somewhere cause he laughed at this dude. His smashed in face will be on Channel 4 News right after a story about some old lady's cat giving birth.

"No! Of course not. Hahahaha, why would we do that?" he denied, somewhat hysterically. He started mopping the coffee up vigorously, hoping that looking occupied will make the guy leave him alone.