Chapter 15

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

months have passed since that incident during the Triwizard Tournament. You, Harry, and Cedric had no luck convincing anyone that Voldemort was back. Of course no one but Hermione, Ron, Penny, and Mattheo.

Even Cedric's friends weren't fully convinced. Nowadays Cedric's usually around you and your friends, it became a little awkward between him and his friends.

sometimes you would have a small gathering discussing what all of you could do when Voldemort eventually comes to Hogwarts.

You can't rely on other people but each other during these times.

Though, in your small gatherings, Mattheo would be nowhere to be found.

"Mattheo joining us today?" Penny asked. You shrugged in response, "haven't seen him."

He would also often dodge or go silent to questions about the return of The Dark Lord, which is completely understandable.

you didn't really think much of it since you all thought he was just uncomfortable talking about his father. not gonna lie, it did make you a tad bit suspicious of him but you kept quiet till there's full evidence.

During the feast that night, Professor Dumbledore had some news regarding a new professor who will be our new DADA teacher.

Dolores Umbridge, someone a part of the Ministry Harry told you about. Once again, a new DADA teacher that you doubt would be your average teacher.

one could only dream to once have a normal DADA teacher..

at the feast you all saw the awkwardness when Professor Umbridge kept on interrupting Dumbledore's speech with one of her own, it was almost laughable.

once she started talking, you immediately rolled your eyes knowing you aren't gonna like this one either. you rest your head on your hand, "I miss Professor Lupin already, bring him back for dear Lord!" you whispered to Penny.

She let out a little chuckle before Cedric nudged you, signaling the woman in all pink heard what you said. she gave you a stare with a forced smile, but you couldn't care less and just looked back at Penny as she continued her boring speech.

You turned your head to the Slytherin table to see Mattheo also not paying attention, but he looked uneasy. was he sick? he looked really pale.. you saw him wipe sweat off of his forehead with a small cloth, it wasn't even hot here.. it was pretty chilly actually.

you decided to try and ask him later after dinner.

but when dinner finally ended, you couldn't find him anywhere. Not even in your usual meet up spots. it's like he vanished in thin air.

feeling tired yourself, you just decided to go back to your dorm and rest. Thinking maybe you'll just ask him tomorrow.

"Did you find him?" Penny set down her book on her night stand. "no.. maybe tomorrow." you said, tucking yourself in bed.

the next day you saw him sitting alone in the library and you approached him.

"Morning , I was looking for you the other night." you sat down in front of him.

"oh, why? did you need something?"

you rested your elbows on the table, "does a girl need an excuse to see her boyfriend? anyways i was just worried, you look overworked and you look paler than usual."

he gave you a soft smile, "well i appreciate your concern-" he slowly got up "-but I'm fine. i just have a lot of things to get done." he gave you a small kiss on your forehead before leaving without another word.