TBM3------------------------------------>

Thank god, classes are over. Finally, I can spend my days surfing and... yeah surfing. It's the best thing in this world. Well, I love to watch ''Lela the queen of the beach" with my mom almost every day. How to spend the best summer of your life? There you go, doing the same things I do, there you have your answer. Oh sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Tayla. For any questions, yes, my mom thought it was the best idea to have her kid named as the mix of two names of a movie. She is obsessed. Sometimes, sincerely, I think she is somehow crazy. Yes. She used to tell me a very unusual story. She was inside a movie, her favorite one, with her boyfriend "Brady". Who's gonna believe that? Well, let's stop talking about my mum's past and let's go summer!

-Mum, I'm leaving!

-Wait honey, where do you think you are going?- Omg, she's just... agh.

-Im going to the beach. I need to have some air, after all, I have worked a lot this year, I really deserve this.

-Oh sweetie. At least, can I go with you?- Forgot to tell you this. My mum was the best surfer in all California. She is brilliant at catching waves, but also she is a very good biologist. She was sent to the best university in California to study marine biology.

-Just please, don't leave me in shame.

-I won't.

We lived a few meters from the "Dolphin Cave" beach, where my mum and this surfer boy met exactly 15 years ago. I don't really exactly know what happened to them but, it was really strange stuff. Well, I don't care much so...

My mom and I spent basically the entire afternoon surfing. It was going to be the perfect summer. Laughing, surfing, what more can I ask for?

It's been a few days, all of them surfing and letting the sun enter my skin. I'm taking the surfboard and leaving. While surfing, a blonde boy, very handsome too, was coming directly to me.

-Hey. I've seen you surfing lately, wow, you're awesome. Really.

-Well, thank you... Do I know you from somewhere?- This boy seems like I know him.

-Oh my god, sorry, I'm really sorry, I forgot to introduce myself... I'm Asyl.

-My name is Tayla, pleasure to meet you... Asyl.

-You too Tayla.- I don't know what this guy wants from me, but the truth is that if we ignore how handsome he is, I'm getting a little embarrassed that he's staring at me sitting on that board...

-Your board...

-What? Is there something wrong with my board?

-No... It's just... My mom has exactly one with the same flower. She said it reminded her of her most important boyfriend.

-It's from my dad. He loves this board, actually, he didn't let me use it. He has it because of a girl too.

-Wow.- My goodness, too much of a coincidence.

-Well hey, look, you are very sweet after all. Wanna hang out sometime?- This pretty boy is asking me out? What am I supposed to say back?

-Yes, I mean, sure. You seem like a great boy and surfer.

-So, I suppose you love surfing.

-Of course I do!- What was this Asyl thinking? Of course I liked surfing. What the hell! I love it. I grew up surfing with my mother. She has always wanted the best for me.

-Do you feel like surfing for a while until dark?

-Sounds great for me!

So we stayed until noon, catching all the waves and talking about us, our future. But I didn't think about talking about my parents.

That afternoon I came home. It was already night and my mother was not at home. But I didn't care much. I went into my room and threw myself on the couch. I spent a long time, too much I would say, looking for the instagram of that boy, of Asyl. I couldn't find it no matter how hard I looked. Was that board too much of a coincidence? That flower had always accompanied me with fanciful stories about my mother. Would it be a good idea to tell her?

- Honey, I'm home!

-Excuse me mom, but where have you gone at this hour? - It was rare for my mother to go that way, at that time of night.

-Amm nothing, I was walking a bit downtown, you know that sometimes I like to forget about the waves.

-Yes, but the last time you forgot about them, you told me it was because they reminded you too much of this boyfriend of yours.- I already knew what my mother was like, I wasn't fooled. -Come on mom! When are you going to forget about him? You've been in love for years, 15 years is a lot of mom. Sometimes I think you should go find him.

-Do not even think about it. I'm not going to look for him. Are you stupid? No no and no. Enough of conversations. Put on your pajamas, dinner is coming soon.

-I'm not hungry today, I'll eat something at dawn.

-No kidding, go down to dinner right now.

-Mom please, I don't need you to be taking care of me like a babysitter.- I quickly left the room and locked myself in my room. I heard my mother screaming from there, but I put on my headphones and isolated myself between my music.

I took my laptop and started looking for information about that flower. It seems that the same flower appeared on Lela's necklace, the same one that appears in the movie. I had to find this guy, maybe he has information about this. His board also had the same drawing. Without my mother noticing, I opened the window and quietly slipped out onto the beach. I grabbed my board and ran out. This also took the opportunity to catch some air. I wasn't wearing a swimsuit, so I had no choice but to undress there and go into the water in my underwear.