1

The bell rings and I shove my binder into my bag. I bolt out the door of my biology class room, not caring who I bump into. "If I'm late they won't be there," I thought. I push past people in the hall, keeping my head lowered, for them not to see who I am. I throw open the bathroom door as the bell rings.

"Right on time," says Syrina. "I figured you weren't coming." My friends laugh. I pull down my sleeve as a sign for her to pass me her shit. She slips the vape into my hand and i disappear into a stall. I sit on the toilet and inhale the sweet taste of the strawberry lemonade pod. I'm careful of my smoke, so teachers don't walk in and see it. I stand up. Head tingling, fingers numb, body dizzy, mind settled. I hand her back her vape and we walk out. The buzz only lasts so long.

I check my phone, still on delivered. Syrina sees the distress on my face and gives me a little "it's okay" nudge. I shake it off, pretending it's okay. In all reality, my head is racing with thoughts. "What if he hates you?" "What if he blocked you?" "is he okay?" "did i do something wrong?" I slip into class waving my best friend goodbye. I'm late as usual.

"Do you have a pass Miss. Mira?" asks my teacher. "No Mrs. Groft. My apologies." I hope that worked. " It's alright dear, please have a pass next time." she says kindly. She's known my family for years. She's always been so sweet to me.

I make my way to my seat, when I arrive Jeremy has his bag on my chair. Annoyed, I pick up his bag and hand it back to him. "Here J." I roll my eyes. "Thank ya, Little M," he quips. Me and Jeremy or J have been friends since middle school. He's the reason I met Syrina.

I face forward, pulling out my books. Focusing on todays lesson. Romeo and Juliet. Great I think, another thing for me to fail.