2

I walk off the school bus. Airpods in, music blasting. I pass the neighbors and wave. Giving a sweet smile. Making little communication. I notice my neighbor Henry is working on his truck. He's laying in the grass. His body leaving an imprint when he slides out from under it. Tall and skinny, he looks at me and smiles. Henry is my age but looks 18. He's tall with long, messy, brown hair, and mystical brown eyes. His tan skin shows years of work and scars from fighting with the truck and his brothers. He looks me up and down, "You look like ass there, Monkey," he chuckles, "have any fun?"

"No." I reply with a grouchy tone. He looks at me with those eyes and asks "What's wrong hun?" He had this slight southern accent to him. Warm and inviting. "Nothing Hen. Let me be." I mumble. I turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm. "Don't walk away from me missy. Not until I'm done with you," he says sexily. He pulls me into a hug. I just burry my head into his chest. He smells of cologne and sweat.

"Lemme guess... Troy huh?"  I reply with a sigh "Yes." I look at my shoes trying to hide my pain. Henry lifts my face to meet his and says, "Mira i don't like that boy. You know what." He shakes his head in disapproval. There's a look in his eye. It's new it's different. I can't break away from it.

We stare at each other for what seems like hours until I break gaze to see what's wrong with the truck. I climb under it and turn on my flashlight. "It's just making a noise it's fine." He acts like we haven't worked in this truck for years. "Well shit head it's not fine. It's your breaks." I wiggle myself out from the truck and grab some tools.

He looks at me with a grin that says you little shit. I strip off my hoodie so I'm just in a tank and my jeans. This is the everyday for us. He grabs my bag and takes them into his garage. Grabbing my boots with him on his way out. I slip into them ready to work.