Chapter 3- The Ceremony (Edited)

Saturday:

Avery's POV:

We were walking to the dining room also known as the Great Hall. Pansy made us wear a white dress and a black robe over it. Not that I didn't like it but it was kind of a bit extra. I did like the dress though. It was silky white and stopped right above my knees. So I was comfortable I wore some sneakers. It was quite chilly in these halls but thank god I had this robe.

"Wait here until you hear an old woman's voice call your name." Pansy left me and Kate right in-front of the big oak doors. I heard some chatting inside then everything went quiet.

"Avery Salazar!"  That's my cue! The big oak doors opened by themselves and all the heads in the dinning hall turned to me. "Kate Salazar!" She means Bishop right? As I was walking I got a few weird stares from other kids. Some stared at me scared while others stared at me in 'awe', some boys at the.. Slytherin? Table were staring at me with smirks. I rolled my eyes and walked up to the stool. "You may sit down." The old lady pointed at the stool. I did as she said and sat down. She was about to place a hat on me until...

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat speaks? Shocker. It didn't even touch me.  The kids at the Slytherin table all stood up and started clapping. As I was walking over there Kate gave me a nervous look. I nodded and smiled at her. I tried to find Pansy, Mattheo, and Lorenzo but instead found a boy with... white? Hair near them. I sat down next to him since he was sitting across from Mattheo. Pansy was on my other side.

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled again. Yes! Kate and I are in the same house. I can't stand being away from my best friend.

"Of course they got Slytherin! Their last names are Salazar." I heard a kid yell from the red table. I turned around and saw a red head speaking about me. I tilted my head.

"What he meant is, of course you got Slytherin your parents are the dark lord's most loyal followers." The girl with curly hair spat and rolled her eyes, then turned around. Who the hell is the 'dark lord?' Kate sat next to me and smiled.

"Who is the 'dark lord?'" I questioned the kids around me. One of them gulped. 

"He's erm. Mattheos father. He was a murder technically. Not saying Mattheo's a murder too I was just saying! But it's all okay because Voldemort's dead now." The kid next to me was scared shitless. No way he was scared of Mattheo.

"Murder." I shook my head slowly. Food appeared out of nowhere and kids started to dig in.

"You're not scared of Mattheo?" A boy next to Pansy asked. He was dark skinned, had high cheekbones, and long brown slanting eyes. He looked quite attractive. Were all the boys here attractive and hot?

"No. Why should I?" I shrugged again and started to plop food onto my plate.

"Oh nothing, just that he's Voldemort's son. You know, son of a murderer." A boy next to Mattheo blurted into our conversation. I saw Mattheo's jaw clench. I guess he didn't like it when people brought up his father. "Theodore, by the way. You can call me Theo though." The boy smiled.

"I mean that's not a problem. Some people I know back home are technically murderers too." I shrugged it off. Mattheo unclenched his jaw and gave me a questioning look. "It's not a big deal or anything." I cut the piece of steak and ate it. The food here is better than the food at the compound.

"I'm Blaise." The dark skinned boy reached his hand out in-front of me. I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"I'm Draco." The white headed boy next to me said. I thought he was a quiet type. Kate was eating the entire time and didn't pay any attention to use. After dinner we went back to the common room and all got to know each other more .