Chapter 9

Ginger's Pov
After dinner we both headed home to rest our excited heads off. We talked and laughed at our dad jokes and why Derick didn't make any mistake on his important question. Our hands were like a boiling sun because of how long we had our hands intwined for. When they reached my house, we headed onto the porch and said our farewells, along with a quick peck on the lips. The peck then turned into a mesmerizingly, long kiss that seemed to have lasted 10 minutes. I opened the door quickly and fell onto the couch with him on top of me. "What the hell is happening here then and where were you for dinner!?" I hear a very masculine voice behind me. "Umm, Harold meet Derick, my... Boyfriend, Derick this is Harold, my step-dad." I sigh. "Don't tell mom please." "Oh, I already know." I hear as I see a white cat emerge from the darkness. I say goodbye to Derick and close the front door. I run to my room, with tears in my eyes. "Ging, are you all good?" Pearl questions.
"I'm... I just want some alone time." I answer, already nodding off to sleep.
It's light and sunny. There's a park in front of me, I look to the side and see a younger version of me, hugging my leg. "Hey, kiddo, where am I?" I question to the younger Ginger. No response. "Hello?" No response. I look in front of me again and see a misshaped figure in a doorway. It was a wolf and in its hand was a familiar looking leather belt. It walked closer and forming a midnight black wolf. It was the younger version's father. He raised the belt and...
I awake from my terrifying slumber. He looked at his clock on the bedside table. "10:30, not bad for a lie in." I get up and head to the bathroom to have a shower. I look in the mirror. My whole arm was ingulfed by a pure black monster. I also had a muzzle. I shake it off and head into the shower. I finish up and dry myself. I put on a black polo shirt and blue jeans, and head downstairs to find everyone standing and looking at me with mad faces. "Hi guys..." I say quietly and nervously.
"Where were you?" My mom pipes up
"With Derick, is that a problem?
"n..."
"IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH A MAN BEING WITH ANOTHER MAN? HUH? BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THERE IS." I interrupt. The room instantly fell silent for a minute. I then grab a coat from the hanger and slam the front door behind me. I grab my phone from my pocket and text Derick.
"Hi."
"Hello cutie."
"Do you want to grab lunch or breakfast?"
"Sure, why not, should I pick you up in my car now?"
"Yes please, if you're not too busy."
"I'm already in my car, see you at your house <3."
"See you."