Chapter Two

TW: strong language, brief mention of smoking.

"No way!" I exclaimed in disbelief. Anne - an elderly lady on my counsel - was trying to convince me to go see Goode. Again.

"Miss Weil, it's been an entire week since you last spoke to Ms Goode. And none of us have even met her yet, excluding you! I think I can speak for the counsel when I say we are dying to meet the supreme, the considerate woman who's taking in our girls."

Dramatically, I rolled my eyes. Who would've thought that someone would ever call a Goode considerate? Certainly not me. 

"Why do you even hate her so much anyway? She did much to help and assist you and, from what I hear, was plenty kind in just your first meeting!"

I shrugged, my mind freezing at the thought of trying to come up with a valid reason. "I just don't enjoy her company, I suppose." I mustered, though I knew my reasons of dislike went much, much deeper than that.

"I'd be careful, Daphne. Not many people will have the same patience with you that she does. I would be grateful. Now, go get ready dear. You're going to be a role model for all the girls here, so better look your best at the academy."

I groaned audibly, though I knew better than to argue. Growing up, my parents had always sorted out the coven, and Anne had always sorted out me. It was just the way it was. I had learned over time that complaining to her gets me no where.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

I mentally braced myself, inhaling a deep breathe as I transmuted myself to the academy, Anne and Timothy by my side. Glancing over in amusement, I spotted both of them gazing in awe at the white-themed academy. That amusement quickly switched to annoyance when they refused to move, standing frozen in place. Groaning, I forcefully pulled them up the path.

"What are we meant to do, Daphne? Do we curtsy?" Timothy whispered in alarm. I slowly closed my eyes in irritation. What did I ever do to deserve getting stuck with these two (2) idiots?

"No, Timothy. Please do not curtsy. You shake Goode's hand like a normal person." I rubbed my temple.

I heard Anne chuckle quietly in the background, but that went straight out of my memory when I saw the strands of blonde hair reach my line of vision.

Turning, I met that mischievous glint in the blonde's eyes that I had gotten oh-so-familiar with.

Anne and Timothy immediately clambered in front of me, eagerly shaking the Supreme's hand and desperately trying to inform her how blessed they felt to meet her. They looked like idiots, obviously.

"Oh, that's too kind. Thank you, I greatly appreciate that." The older woman graciously accepted, I couldn't help but let out a sigh, which caught the attention of the other three (3).

"Miss Weil. How wonderful that you chose to join us." Cordelia greeted, a sarcastic grin making its way to her face.

"Mhm, how wonderful that you chose to actually greet us at the door and not send one of your minions." I retorted.

She let out an agitated breath, though the playful glint from the smirk remained in her eyes.

I heard a quiet gasp from Anne's direction and could practically feel Timothy's jaw drop at this interaction. Though, at this moment, I couldn't care less. The only thing that mattered to me was our battle with one another, my deep green eyes locked on her brown ones, daring the other to break the contact between them.