Chapter Three

A/N: continued shortly after the end of the last chapter!💕

Cordelia and I made eye contact as I frantically began to think of a solution to reverse the spell. Her head was tilted slightly to the left in thought, a pen in her mouth and an interested expression fixed upon her face.

All of a sudden, she gave me a small half-smile of amusement, a playful glint in her eyes. I let out an aggressive breath, my anger levels rising. This was a mistake, of course, as this caused another shower of rain to hit my head. I groaned.

I stared as a quiet chuckle made its way to her lips. "Goode!" I emphasised in annoyance. Her lips curled up slightly as she sighed, gathering herself. I listened as quiet footsteps approached, the sound barely reaching my ears. Shortly, I saw two heads pop around the corner. Anne and Timothy.

I could see instantly that Anne was fighting back a smile, basely from the mischievous glint in her eyes. Though she thankfully had the common sense not to show it, most likely judging from the drops of rain pouring into my eyes.

"Still in your little predicament huh? I would've thought spell-reversing would be on the basic agenda for teaching young witches as well. I suppose it must've grown more difficult than I anticipated." Timothy commented wistfully, without any true meaning.

I huffed, exasperated as Cordelia bit her bottom lip. Slowly, she smiled a toothy grin. One that immediately did not sit right with me.

"Oh, now who said it wasn't? Who said I didn't simply enjoy the entertainment of a certain easily-irritated witch?" She teased, not glancing in my direction. Not even once. I, on the other hand, no one could say the same about. I glared at this imbecile, thinking unpleasant thoughts about my dislike for her. I was sure she could feel me staring daggers at her, though she payed no attention. How could I even be surprised? The Goodes are probably used to this.

Not trusting myself enough to respond neutrally to Cordelia's words, I chose to beat her at her own game. Ignorance. "What can we help you with?" I asked the newest members of our party with gritted teeth.

"We were just wondering how long you both would take. Poor Timothy and I are half asleep here." Anne complained, somehow still politely.

"Oh, we will only be a moment. The spell I have in mind is somewhat simple. I doubt fixing Daphne's little problem here will take long at all." Cordelia assured them, sneaking a quick look in my direction which did not go unnoticed. They nodded gratefully.

"On that note, Daphne dear. Please come with me, I believe all would be easier if we continued this in the bathroom." Without waiting for my response, Cordelia swiftly began making her way away from us all. Leaving me to send a pleading look in Anne's direction before quickly following in her footsteps.

Eventually, we arrived in what I'm sure is one of many bathrooms in this massive place. To keep my dignity, I quickly zoned out and let the older witch work her magic. (Literally.)

Thankfully, after quite enough time, I snapped straight back into reality as I felt the sudden shortage of water reaching my head.

I let out a grateful gasp, before shortly beginning to shiver. In that moment, I realised how cold I actually was and instinctively wrapped my arms around my stomach, giving myself a hug. Though, Cordelia didn't seem to notice. She was practically in a different world entirely as she smiled to herself, proud of her capabilities.

I blinked a few times consecutively, growing impatient. Finally, she seemed to remember her surroundings and payed attention to me, seemingly awaiting my next move.

"And now you expect me to just leave like this?" I was in pure disbelief, reminders of the previous events continuing to dribble all over me.

"Would you rather stay? How sweet." The supreme taunted. "Obviously not! But look at me, I'm wet."