Chapter 4

Reyna tore through the crowd, her obnoxious sari tripping her. Tears threatened to spill as she ran.

Hold it together Reyna, she told herself, you're probably just overreacting.

But Reyna didn't stop. She shoved past the crowd, desperate to find Aymee.

She's probably at the ship, Reyna thought. Knowing Aymee, it wouldn't take long to finish shopping. Reyna half-sprinted to the gates and quickly stopped. There laid a small, pink hoverboard that was covered in dust.

That was Aymee's hoverboard, Reyna realized sickly. Thoughts began whirling in her mind. Why would Aymee come back to Yarin? And why? Was she trying to find Reyna? Was she running away from something?

Why would she run away from the ship? Reyna thought and then realized. She quickly slipped off her shoes and stepped on the hoverboard. She leaned forward and zoomed off. When the ship came into view, Reyna stopped. Soldiers were surrounding the perimeter and filling in and out.

Where is Aymee!? Reyna screamed at herself and turned around. She crossed the dusty terrain as fast as she could and slipped back through the gate. If Aymee had come back from the ship, where was she?

If I were Aymee and found my ship raided, where would I go? Reyna thought to herself. Would she hide? Would she find something to occupy herself?

She would try to find me! Reyna realized, remembering what she had told Aymee to do if she were alone or lost.

But where would she go if she couldn't find me? Reyna wondered. Then she remembered the jewelry store she had passed. Reyna quickly ran to the store and asked question after question to the woman who ran it, who said she hadn't seen her. It was like Aymee had vanished into thin air.

Then Reyna remembered why she was looking for Aymee.

The men in the boots.

The men who were investigating the women. Reyna swallowed. She resisted the urge to scream.

If I were a crazy kidnapper who kidnapped a small, smart girl, where would I go?

An alleyway, Reyna thought and looked around in the nearby ones. Trash, rubble, bags, Blip.

Blip.

Reyna sprinted down the alleyway. There laid Blip, slumped against the walls, head tilted to the side, drooling. His body was sluggish and he was moaning something about a shiny star. His dazed eyes fell on her, glassy and blank. Reyna grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Reyna shouted, his face contorting into confusion, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?!"

"Oh hello Reyna?" Blip giggled obliviously. Reyna muttered a curse. Delirium. It was a heavy dose. He wouldn't be able to tell her anything.

No, Reyna thought to herself, He has to know something.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Reyna shouted, tears pricking in her eyes. She kneed him in the stomach, pinning him against the wall. He screeched in pain and began whimpering.

"WHERE IS MY SISTER?"

Blip met her gaze, his eyes bugging out.

"Sister?" he said and began giggling.

"ANSWER ME GOSH DANG IT!" Reyna screamed, tears running down her face. She wiped them away and loosened her grip on Blip. Choking sobs began to well up in her throat.

"And how is little Aymee?" Blip asked, oblivious. Reyna felt ready to puke.

"I DON'T KNOW HOW AYMEE IS! I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS AND YOU WILL TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!" Reyna shouted at the top of her lungs. Blip's eyes widened and seemed to focus on her.