5, FIRST DAY IN.

♡

jackman harlow, despite what his reputation might perceive him to be, was a man of punctuation, routine. he was a man who would wake up every morning to the sound of his alarm, right on the dot at a quarter after six.

he would then go shower, making sure to take somewhere between a ten to thirty minutes. after, he would walk to his closet to put on his clothes for the day.  by seven he was eating breakfast served by ricardo and discussing his day with francesca. by seven-thirty he was gone.

jack was a stickler for staying on track and never falling out of habit. he was a firm believer that routine was important. so, when he woke up the next morning ten minutes late and to the sound of music rather than his alarm, he was pissed.

it almost seemed like that was the beginning of his horrible day. the next was his shower. while jackman liked to take cold showers to wake himself up, it seemed he couldn't get into the mindset he usually did.

the cold water fell down and his body, sending a thrill through his spine. he continued to stand in the shower for a minute, trying to figure out what exactly was happening. he could still hear the faint tunes coming from outside.

when he got out and got dressed, he finally went down to find the source of the noise. he could hear it was coming from the kitchen, but as he was about to make his way he was intercepted by a grinning francesca.

"good morning, sir. how was your night?" she was holding a tray in her hand, it's contents being three bottles of orange juice and three plastic containers looking to be full of food.

"it was fine. what's all this?" jack pointed to the tray, a look of confusion on his face as his eyes glanced back up to francesca.

francesca handed the tray off to a server who approached her, nodding at the young man to takeover. "for the security, sir. ms. lewis called them and asked if they wanted breakfast."

jack watched as the man walked away and looked back at francesca, "why she making breakfast for them? and why is she playing music so loud in the morning?"

"she found the house to be quite 'dead' this morning, sir. she wanted to liven it up. she's in the kitchen with ricardo now." francesca pointed back and soon followed jack as he walked to the kitchen.

when he reached, he found nova dancing to three little birds by bob marley, singing into the spatula with ricardo. the two were doing a small, two-step dance, big smiles on their faces. they looked to be cooking a whole spread: scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit salad—and that was just what jack could see. it was like they were feeding a whole army.