·˚𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞 ༘༄ ꒰𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"Nice work, Agent Bishop," Fury closed a file that was on the table in front of you, making you flinch ever so lightly.

You took in our surroundings which seemed to be an interrogation room.

"You're free to go, Bishop," Nick Fury gestured a hand at you.

A few seconds later, you found yourself walking into a waiting area. A couple of agents stayed her and there at the room.

"Hi," you heard Layla's voice and you turned towards her. 

"Your friends seem absolutely lovely," she kissed your cheek, one of her arms slithering around your form to hold you, "Kate's the sweetest person ever,"

"What?" you spluttered, eyes widening, "Kate?!"

"Hi!" a pair of arms engulfed your middle. The familiar voice of your niece reached your ears.

"Kate?" you repeated, placing a hand on her head, your fingers sunk into her raven hair affectionately.

"It's been long since we caught up!" Kate stepped back from the embrace, "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend and a girlfriend! Clint has a lot of questions about it, which I find very disturbing," she shuddered as she recalled Clint's questions.

You shook your head, breaths growing shallow by the minute, "I don't know what's happening," you collapsed onto the chair behind you, holding your head in your hands as your elbows rested on your knees.

The next time you opened your eyes, you were in an office. It was white all over. Everywhere. The walls, the tiles of the floor, the legs of the desk in front of you, the chair you were seated on.

You were slouched over a seat, slowly looking up as your lashes fluttered.

"I need you to go through a psychiatric evaluation, Y/N," Nick Fury walked past you, over to the man behind the other end of the desk

"What for?" you question hazily.

"Why would a person need to take a psychiatric evaluation, Bishop?" he retorted back at you.

You blinked hard. The man seated behind the desk was a blurry figure to you.

"I think she would do just fine, Fury," the man spoke.

The voice seemed familiar. Too familiar.

"I need you to go through the psychiatric evaluation to make sure that you're qualified to get back into the field," the man carried on.