The Wedding... [Part 1]: Planning

RAY'S POV:

The dress I ordered was here, Norman got his suit, we were still making preparations. I was trying to get everyone in order and everything. Norman was handling decorations and where placement of items were going to be. I called all of my relatives, and I called Norman's dad. I also called his cousins. Barbara was the first one I called, since he has so many, I started with the only girl. 

"No no over here! Em you're being too crazy! Gilda, can you calm her down? Thank you! Anna can you-" I was cut off by feeling a warm pair of lips on mine. I calmed down when I saw white hair. I melted into the kiss and he pulled away.

"It's not time yet, geezers." Emma said while rolling her eyes. I smacked the back of her head. I looked back at my phone to see an email. I read it and my eyes widened.

Ray, Your Mother, Isabella, has been transferred to the Lambda District Asylum. She has been requesting your presence ever since she's settled. She has threatened to kill guards if her needs are not met. She has taken a knife to someone's throat, so we request you immediately.

Sincerely,  The Lambda Asylum

I started to feel streams of water run down my cheeks and next thing I knew, I was sobbing. I couldn't stop. My throat hurt and my stomach went into a knot. I covered my mouth and ran to the nearest bathroom. It was the Girl's Bathroom, but I didn't care. I Locke the stall and sat on the toilet. I hugged my knees and cried my eyes out. I heard knocking and saw feet outside of it. I didn't answer. Then I saw shoes that weren't high heels.

"Ray Ray...what's wrong?"

"Go away..."

"Are you sure you want me to go away?"

"Do people treat me like a girl?"

"...." I heard his footsteps go away. I saw Em's shoes go away too. I was still sad and still crying. I decided I had to go to the hospital. I got up and got into my car. I drove to the Lambda hospital and when I got there, I made sure the guards weren't creepy. None of them looked creepy, that was good. I walked in the double doors and went to the front desk.

"Who would you like to see?"

"Isabella Grace? She should've just gotten here from Gracefield.."

"Oh yes, her. They said her son was coming? Are you her daughter?" My mind snapped, and for some reason, I nodded. "Oh ok then. You can try to calm her down, sweetheart, but I think she's expecting to see her son. Tell your brother to come here when he can, ok dear?" I nodded at every word and walked over to where her cell was, along with a guard. 

"Mom..?"

"Ray! Finally!"

"Are...are you feeling ok?"

"I-...I just wanted to apologize."

"...."

"I feel bad that I didn't support you..I feel like a horrible mother! I love you Ray, no matter what your heart desires!" My eyes watered. "I only threatened the people here because they kept me away from you!"

"Why...why did you act crazy last time? Why did you..why did you abuse me?"

"...Ray...do you really think I would purposefully hurt you?"

"No..."

"They drugged me! Gracefield authorities drugged me because I owed them debt after your father died! Please Ray! I wouldn't hurt you!"

"You did..." her hand went on the glass and she smiled sweetly. 

"I'm sorry...I love you."

"I-I love you too.." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. She started crying too. I begged the guard to open the cell. He finally agreed and me and my mother embraced. It felt nice to have her back with me. We started sobbing and I took in her scent. The scent I missed. The love and care I never got when my father died. The warmth I felt all those years ago... "C-can you come to my wedding? Please?" I asked. I could tell she was shocked, but she smiled at me warmly.

"When is it baby?"

"Today.." she went silent. She hugged me again and I felt her sobbing. 

"My little baby all grown up..." the guard looked at us for a while. I looked back at him. 

"Can she be out of this shitty place for at least a day??" I begged. He sighed and nodded. I smiled and hugged her again. We drove to the venue and mom looked shocked. 

"This is where my little boy is going to take his first steps into being an adult??" She questioned, mesmerized by the place. I smiled. It was good to have her back. I got out and helped her out of the car. We walked in and Norman came and hugged me. He lifted me up and spun me around. He laughed, but his gaze shifted from me to the Black Haired woman behind me. His eyes showed fear as he backed away. My mom gave a sad smile and looked down. "I'm sorry Norman..I apologize for everything. You are a very handsome boy and you are very well suited for my baby!" She said, perking up a little. I saw my future husband smile and hug her.

"It's been a while since I've had a mom, so I'm sorry for anything I don't get right."

"I'm okay with any mistakes my precious new son makes." She said, gently brushing his cheek with her hand. She was slightly shorter than him, yet taller than me. I hate that I'm the shortest here. I checked the time and almost fainted.

"NOR! 30 MINUTES YOU HAVE TO BE UP THERE ON THAT PODIUM!"

"Ok Ok get your dress on, I'll get my suit." Norman showed mom where to sit, and he ran to change. I had my dress put on with the help of Emma and Gilda. Anna was braiding a strand of my hair. I grabbed my flowers and looked in the mirror. I saw me...but something was different. I was...happy?

.

My mom is back to her normal self...

.

I'm getting married to someone I love

.

I'm starting a new chapter of my life!

.

.

.