Chapter 16: The incident: Aichi's final cardfight

Ai: (Hey there. I'm Ai Sendou and well you probably knew what happened but after my team Team Neo Q4 won the team tournament we got invited to the Asia Circuit the biggest individual tournament in Asia. Which brings us to the present day.)

Ai: The Asia Circuit!?

Koy: No way!

Alex: I didn't think we would make the cut!

Yamato: We won the team tournament so it made sense for the association to invite us.

Koy: But it's individual so that would mean.

Alex: We have to fight each other. That's awesome! I won't hold back at all!

Koy: I got this hands down!

Yamato: Koy still is the same.

Koy: Ai aren't you excited bro!?

Ai: Well I'm kinda nervous since from what I heard my father was a champion a few times.

Yamato: Yeah he was so it was a shame he had to retire. From what I heard from my mother he was the greatest of them all at his time.

Ai: Yeah but how did my father play Vanguard?

Yamato: What do you mean?

Ai: My father's blind.

Koy: That's news to me.

Alex: I heard about that and I heard that's why he gave up.

Ai: I never asked him.

Yamato: Maybe you should.

Koy: And looks who's talking.

Yamato: Shut up Koy.

Ai: Maybe I should. Thanks Yamato.

*a few hours later when Ai went home.*

Aichi: Hey Ai. How was your day?

Ai: We got invited to the Asia Circuit.

Aichi: That's great to hear.

Kourin: I bet you can win Ai.

Ai:.......

Kourin: What's wrong?

Ai: Dad.

Aichi: What's up?

Ai: Why did you retire? You never told me and when I told you I had PSYqualia you looked scared. Please tell me dad.

Kourin: Aichi I think it's time he knows.

Aichi: Yeah I know Kourin. Ai I'll tell you everything you need to know.

Ai: Thanks dad. What happened?

Aichi: Well it started a year before your mother was pregnant with you. When I was 24 years old.

*flashes back to 17 years ago*

MC: And Aichi Sendou wins again another Asia Circuit! Can anyone beat this man and take his reign!? This is the 6th Asia Circuit in a row!

Kai: He never changed at all.

Kamui: Chrono almost had him.

Chrono: You got me Aichi. You are the strong as Kamui said you know that. Especially with 6 Asia Circuit wins and the fight we had a few years ago.

Aichi: You almost had me again Chrono. I'm glad we fought before you have to leave again.

Chrono: Me too man.

Aichi: I'm sure Tokoha and Alex would be happy for you being in second.

Chrono: Knowing Tokoha she probably will.