16

A/N Happy birthday Bakugo! Lol I'll have a one shot out in a little bit. 🌈

Deku’s POV
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” The evil laughter rang in my ears as she lay there on the table. Her clothes long since gone her body was coated in her own bright red blood, glistening under the fluorescent lights above us.

“Come on Izuku, you can do better than that!” She refocused her eyes on me as I watched the slash that I just carved across her stomach stitch itself back together again. “Don’t get me wrong, that would kill most people but that’s not what you are supposed to be doing now is it?” Her voice made chills run through me.

Why? Why do I have to do this?

“If you don’t do it I’ll put little Katsuki up here, and we both know what will happen if you fail with him. Don’t we?” Her high pitched voice sang out as she instructed me on how to correctly torture someone.

My eyes darted towards Kacchan and I could see how pale he was at just the thought. He wasn’t worried about me killing him. No, that would have been easier. If I failed with him I would be put on the table and I would be brought to the edge of death only for HER to force me back again. Then they would do it again and again until finally I would start losing my grip on what is real and what isn’t.

I can’t do that again. Last time I almost killed Kacchan thinking that he was her, I gave a curt nod and when she said begin I did what I was actually supposed to. I tortured her. Each cut, every nick and bruise I gave her her giggles grew louder and louder until she was squealing with joy. I had just cut out something, a kidney. Why was it so easy? How many times have I done this? How many more times will I be forced to?

“Now!” She squealed with joy before her glazed over eyes drifted back to me. “Cut out my heart, be more careful this time. Pretend you're a doctor saving me for all I care but it must be in one piece when I wake up again.” The trimmer in my finger stilled and I did as she told me, cutting her open and carefully pulling out her heart and I was forced to watch as her body sputtered and shook at the violation only to see her body gradually regrow and attach a new one again.

“Not bad, now my brain!” She giggled with all the purity of a child at such a thought. This woman… Her quirk was self regeneration, much like a starfish she would simply regrow anything and everything that was damaged, including her brain. She should still feel pain, but instead it’s like the greatest joy she could ever feel.

Who knows how long she has been tortured? Her life seemed to freeze or come to a pause at 17 even though we are well aware that she is well into her 30’s now, at least. For a moment her giggles were interrupted by a screech of utter fear and pain only to disappear into giggles again after just a few seconds.

***

“AHHHH!” I sat up reaching out in front of me as I wailed in pain of the memory. Zay; the one person who could still torture us with just the sound of her voice, if I ever actually saw her again I just might take my knife to my own throat. The way she forced us to cut into her again and again, day after day. Anytime we failed to satisfy her she would pout before jumping off the table before tossing one of us onto it only to rip us apart. Technically her quirk is self regeneration but anyone who has ever been fed her flesh or blood she can force them to heal, if she was nearby that is.

And it is excruciating.

I couldn’t stop screaming, reaching out blindly. Where am I? Why is it so dark? Wait, what is this? Is this water? Is someone trying to drown me? It took several moments for me to hear that I wasn’t the only one screaming.

I forced my eyes open to see myself floating in what I can only describe as a bubble of water and when I looked around I saw Sandman and Three staring at me in horror. I looked away from them to see Kacchan next to me. We are in a bubble of water but my green energy was out of control as it sparked around us, through us and created what was basically an electrified field around the water. Our disguises were gone but I don’t remember removing them.