Chap 9 "One Last Case"

Shay's POV

Steve, Lei and I had gotten back to LA. Brian, Mia, Dean and Jack were just lounging around. "You guys look like you had fun," I stated.

"I would say the same to you guys, but you look like shit," Brian stood up. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine," I replied. "A little beat u, but we're doing okay."

"I would like to call a family meeting," Lei stated.

"Okay," Mia sighed as we all sat down. "What's the topic of the meeting?"

"Is this normal?" Steve asked.

"It's the only way to make sure everyone's on the same page and in the loop," I nodded. "Lei, answer Aunt Mia's question."

"I wanna move to Hawaii," Lei stated.

"Come again?" I asked.

"I want us to move to Hawaii," Lei replied. "As a family. I wanna live in Hawaii. I wanna see my father everyday." Steve and I held hands. "I want us to be a family where we're all close together."

"Lei, your mom doesn't want to move you away from your friends," Steve replied. "Also, I'm sure Dean wants to stay."

"I actually want to move," Dean replied. "A new place would be nice."

"Shay?" Brian asked. "It's your choice."

"How quickly can you get them enrolled in school?" I asked.

"A letter from the governor and I can get them in the best school in the area," Steve nodded. "Are you moving down there with us?"

"No," I replied.

"Mom, I want us down there as a family. I want both of my parents, not one," Lei replied. "I don't wanna go if we're not all going to be there."

"I'm not going to stop you guys from going to live with your dad," I nodded. "I just ask that you give me four years." I looked at Lei and she didn't want to believe me. "Here's my promise." I took off my necklace and my ring. I put my ring on the chain and put it around Lei's neck. "I'll come back for that in four years and we'll all be together then." Lei nodded. "But I will help you guys move to Hawaii. Let's get you all packed." We got them packed and saw them off to Hawaii. I got a phone call from Lei when they landed. "Okay, so, Hawaii is a totally different ballgame, okay? That means —"

"No illegal street racing off any kind," Steve cut me off. "You are your mothers kids and I don't wanna get a call on either one or both of you saying you have been arrested."

"Dad will take you to go get a car next week," I smiled. "Don't cause trouble for him, okay?" She hung up. It took awhile for me to adjust without my kids around. Four years passed and I met Brian in the living room. "Hey, B."

"You have everything packed?" Brian asked. I nodded. "Whatever you leave behind will still be here for you."

"I know," I responded. "I'm going to miss having my big brother around."

"And I'm gonna miss having my annoying little sister," Brian gave me a hug. "This is your last day at SWAT."

"Yeah," I nodded. "My transfer papers are in the car."

"Get to work and I will see you tonight at Dom's Place," Brian replied.

"Alright," I replied. I drove to SWAT HQ and walked in. "Hey Hondo."

"You doing okay, Lil Mama?" Honda asked. He looked at the papers in my hand. "What do you have here?"

"Transfer papers," I nodded. "I'm going back to Hawaii."