Purity of Relationships

"Dida, main offishe jaa aaha hoooo!", Ranbir blabbered, chewing a horribly large piece of sandwich, running towards his car.

Vikram wished him, "Good luck for the deal. Mujhe pura yakeen hain hume ye deal jaroor milegi."

"Ofc dad!"

Ranbir was about to sit in his car when his eyes met a beautiful sight. Prachi was coming towards him, a lemon yellow saree draped around herself, her anklets and bracelets jingling merrily, her face glowing brightly, her sparkling eyes and cherry lips creating havoc in his senses, the cascade of her long, shiny, partially wet hair resting peacefully on one side of her shoulder, a bowl clutched in her hands and her sindoor and mangalsutra magnifying her beauty.

"Patni pavitra hoti hain.", the dialogue of one of the NGO ladies reverberated in his ears.

Indeed! His Prachi was sacred, pure, divine, exquisitely beautiful and most importantly, his! A soft smile appeared on his face.

She came to a halt right before him, and stared straight back into his chocolate orbs with not an ounce of expression on her face. Her, boring her eyes into someone else's this way would've scared the poor fellow, but Ranbir stared shamelessly into her eyes, smiling like an idiot, completely unaware of the surroundings.

However, this pleasant moment was broken by the arrival of a so-called human, rather a witch.

"Ranbiiiiir!", A diabetically sweet voice brought Ranbir out of his dreamland.

Oh curse her! His minds shouted.

"Hey hey! Door raho!", He immediately stepped back as she tried to hug him.

"Kyun?", The she-devil asked, dumbfounded.

"Kyunki tum nahayi nahi ho. Aur mere Pati ko keechad pasand nahi.", Prachi piped up, her sweetly sweet voice soothing Ranbir's poor ears.

The she-devil looked as though she had been slapped straight in the face.

"Andar jaao, tumhari Mummy dho dengi tumhe.", Prachi smirked, while Ranbir too chuckled, but quickly turned it into a cough.

Bad attempt. She realised it and stormed away angrily, not before pushing Prachi roughly, resulting in making the spoon fall down into the comparatively clean keechad.

Ignoring her, Ranbir asked Prachi, "Tumhe kuch kaam tha mujhse?"

Still angry with him, she answered indifferently, "Dida ne kaha tha ki tumhari koi bohot important meeting hain. Dahi-shakkar dene aayi thi. Par ab lagta hain aise hi jaana hoga tumhe, spoon to gir gaya."

Mischief twinkling in his eyes, he said, "Oh! Par Dida ko bura lagega na agar tumne khilaya nahi to. Ek kaam karo, apne haathon se khilao."

Flabbergasted, Prachi shouted, "Kabhi nahi!"

"Are Dida bura maan jaayengi!", He tried to convince her.

Finally, she gave up. Frowning, she took some Dahi-shakkar in her hand and brought it near his mouth. Smirking mischievously, he grabbed her hand and sucked it slowly, bite by bite, observing her lovingly as she narrowed her gaze and looked away angrily.

After a few minutes, Prachi realised that he had finished eating and was simply watching her, anonymously kissing her hand. Before she could grab her hand, some school-going girls chirped, "Radha-Krishna ki jodi! Dekh!"

Hearing them, Ranbir quickly left hand.

People see you dude!

As the girls trotted away, Ranbir deliberately dropped his handkerchief into the mud, while Prachi narrowed her eyes at him. Staring down at her for a few minutes, he quickly grabbed her pallu, wiped his mouth and drove away before she could scold him, laughing contently at her cute angry pout, which he saw through the rear view mirrors of his car.